Need help

Thread: Need help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help

I am new to the cnc world. I have a china zone cnc . I have been using it for about 2 mos. I went to my shop this morning and went to run a job on the cnc and mach 3 will not respond to any command. The mach 3 program just locks up and nothing happens. I can not find out what is wrong. Maybe someone here on the fourm has had this issue and can help me. Thank you all in advance for any help you pass on.

Dennis Killian

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help

Are you sure it's not something like a bad keyboard or cable? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh version of Mach3 (being careful to save your working profile)? Have you run a driver test? Or tried another computer? Of course, especially with a Chinese machine, it could be that the control box just up and died, but try to eliminate other possible causes before scrapping it and getting something else.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Are you sure it's not something like a bad keyboard or cable? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh version of Mach3 (being careful to save your working profile)? Have you run a driver test? Or tried another computer? Of course, especially with a Chinese machine, it could be that the control box just up and died, but try to eliminate other possible causes before scrapping it and getting something else.

I did run a test drive and it ran perfect, I had raised z so cutter would not cut material and ran program with spindle running and it ran fine . It seems mach3 only stops responding when cutting material. So I am still looking for more answers. Like I said in my first post I have been running this machine since mid november with no problems. I do not understand what happened this was a new cnc machine. Maybe someone else can give me some other ideas to fix the problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have done some more looking and just noticed a message on the controller that said no RnR motion card found. So what is the RnR motion card and can I replace it if need be. I have no idea what this card is or what it does and where it is located, so someone please help. If I can not get it going it will be a $600 dollar paper weight.
    I will keep you posted as to what I find,But right now it isn't looking good.

Thank You,
    Dennis Killian
    AKA capdenny

Downloads
    Uploads

You can try replacing the USB cord first, you need to let the PC detect the motion card first before it can be used to MACH3, without it MACH3 is driving blank (pratice mode)