EdingCNC has become a mature CNC control system

Thread: EdingCNC has become a mature CNC control system

Default EdingCNC has become a mature CNC control system

Hi, I am the CEO, designer of the CNC control system EdingCNC which is mostly known as USBCNC.
    The CNC control system now exists 7 Years commercially (and before that 15 years as hobby)
    There are many users already in Europe and Asia.
    Very little users in the USA and Canada.
    By introducing EdingCNC here I hope to change this.

Eding CNC provides a PC Based CNC control system that consist of PC software + external CPU board all out of one company.
    This means optimal fit of hardware and software and optimal support.
    Support is of big importance to us, we help everyone to get its machine up and running.
    We try to answer all questions within 48 hours.
    (Of course we do expect that the user also reads the manual and tries things first himself)
    The hardware is available in 2 solutions, USB and Ethernet
    The solution with external CPU guarantees high speed smooth motion without hiccups
    There is no Windows tweaking necessary besides the need of having Admin rights.
    The system runs in Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8, both 32 and 64 bit, Linux is also planned.
    A DVD can be played while the CNC is running without problem.
    The User interface is separated from the motion control into 2 executables with DLL interface.
    This allows users to build their own user interface completely.
    There is a real look ahead feed function that acts like a race car driver, brake hard in the curves and maximum speed when there is less curvature.
    The system accelerates to required velocity over multiple line/arc segments, so also with small segments high velocity (production speed) is possible.
    The interpreter is based on the Linux EMC 1 interpreter of 15 years ago, but EdingCNC extended this interpreter a lot, allowing it to be a complete programming language with subroutines, if-then-else, while-loops, math functions etc. This is very flexible, tool change or special cycles can easily be programmed this way.
    Our software runs completely in simulation mode if no hardware is connected, so anyone can try it out without buying anything.
    Besides milling we also do Plasma machines with integrated Torcch Height Control, Laser cutting, Lathe, 3D printing, Foam Cutting etc.
    So I invite everybody to checkout our products at www.edingcnc.com.
    Download the software an try it out.

Happy Machining!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: EdingCNC has become a mature CNC control system

edingcnc

You have a very well put together package, that is superior to most other packages, I think the price is were the hobby guys would have think about it, is it cheaper than say Mach plus a Smooth Stepper Plus spindle control

Your package with 125mhz step rate, would do for almost any machine control, that most would need, so a good selling point would be they would not need to buy a Smooth Stepper, or a spindle control board

This would then put your price close to what they would have to spend for all the extra, that your package already has

Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    edingcnc

You have a very well put together package, that is superior to most other packages, I think the price is were the hobby guys would have think about it, is it cheaper than say Mach plus a Smooth Stepper Plus spindle control

Your package with 125mhz step rate, would do for almost any machine control, that most would need, so a good selling point would be they would not need to buy a Smooth Stepper, or a spindle control board

This would then put your price close to what they would have to spend for all the extra, that your package already has
    Thank you for you comment, you are completely right. Important is that everything is from one party, which means support from one party. Anyone can contact Eding CNC directly if something is not clear in the manual. If a board for some reason is broken, it can be repaired or replaced for a low price. Since the user already paid for the software license. (Included when hardware is bought).

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been looking at buying old computers for my machines, so I can run my machines with mach and parallel port.
    NOW
    I've been looking at your products

I have a 4 axis mill, a lathe, and am planning a router with 4 axis with a slave axis.

I downloaded your software to try out.
    All of my tools and experience is in Inches. I noticed that the jogpad increments lowest setting was .01. Is that page configurable (.0001, .001, .01, .1, 1.0, continuous)

Cheers,
    JK

Walking is highly over-rated

Hi JK, like told you in the first post, I have little customers at your side of the ocean, So I admit I don't have many customers using Inches.
    I think at most places inches are implemented correctly, but this is one of (probably more) places where it isn't.
    Of course I will adapt this, so it will become usable for inches, so you would need 0.0001, 0.001, 0.01 0.1 and 1 right?
    Cheers,
    Bert

Downloads
    Uploads

edingcnc

Only .0001, .001, .01, & .1 is needed for hand wheel positioning, Jog, MDI, Auto control can be set as a percentage of rapid speed 5%, 25%, 50%, 100%, this would be the same for Metric or Inch

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm thinking about trying the 3-axis board from Eding CNC.
    How's the shipping to the states?
    Anybody know of a forum or site with pics of wiring setups and stuff like that?

Jack

Hi Jack,
    You can find connection details of the CPU5A board here: http://www.edingcnc.com/upload/files...flyer_tech.pdf
    If something isn't clear, ask me.
    About shipping, we do that always with UPS because we have the best experience with UPS and a good discount contract.
    For example shipping to NY is less than 30 Euro. Full tracking and ensured.
    If you like to know the shipping cost for your place, just place an order on the Eding CNC - PC based CNC control product page, UPS shipping is calculated there for you.
    Then cancel the order if you'd just like to know the shipping costs.
    Bert

Downloads
    Uploads

Picture of wiring:

this is my old controller.. still with the CPU 4..
    Top left is the PC, a Mini ITX board, Intel 915 1.6GHz..
    Wiring is really easy.. i didn't get any education in electronics, but basically, you connect the drivers by means of a flatcable for the step and dir signals coming from the EdingCNC CPU Board ( top right)

Power for the stepperdrivers comes from a powersupply (Grey Tube on the left)
    to Connect the motors, i made 4 SubD Nine-pin connectors in the back of the PC Case.. that's basically all..

I also built some machines with the CPU 5. same story.. \

To further add to the maturity of EdingCNC i connected a Heidenhain Keyboard to a Pokeys IO Board, hooked up to the PC.. all buttons work like they should on a CNC control.. I.E. the PGM MGT ( program management ) key opens the file-load menu to load a CNC file for execution.. this was done by programming the EdingCNC Keyboard shortcuts as Keyboard macro's on the Pokeys board.

this is what the machine looks now..

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Arie and Bert

Looks good