2018 Haas MiniMill for sale, low hours/light use

Thread: 2018 Haas MiniMill for sale, low hours/light use

Default 2018 Haas MiniMill for sale, low hours/light use

Listing this for a friend. Here is his description:

"I bought this Mini-Mill new from Haas and took delivery of it in early 2019. It was manufactured in 2018. It has had very light usage machining mosty hardwood, brass, nickel silver, silver, delrin and the occasional aluminum. It has never machined steel. It has never had coolant in the machine other than a little mist coolant now and then. I have been the only operator and it has never been crashed although I've broken a few endmills. I see from the diagnostics page that it has had 1360 tool changes, 256 power cycles and "power on" time is 1059:58:42. It is equipped with rigid tapping and a 4th axis. I intend to keep the 3 jaw chuck currently mounted on the 4th axis and the second chuck shown mounted on the table. I have a tailstock set up for the 4th axis which is included. I also have ten cat/40 collet holders which I will sell separately unless you care to make an offer which I am happy to entertain.
    I bought the machine for two reasons. First, to upgrade my instrument making to modern methods and second, because I took to heart the advice to think ahead and buy the machine you hope to grow into. Both have proven out for me, although on the second point, this machine is really overkill and I probably will do better with a smaller, probably gantry style machine and this is the reason for selling.
    I see from my original quote from Haas that I paid $44,400 for the mill, 4th axis, rigid tapping, and etc. and I would like to get something equivalent to this. The pricing factors both the condition of the mill and immediate availability. Machines ordered from Haas now are looking at summer delivery times according to the Haas sales representative."

Currently under power and can be demoed. Located in Elkins, WV in a small home shop that is situated off an alley. Overhead hoist available on site for loading smaller vehicles. For larger vehicles that can't negotiate the alley, we can arrange to have the machine moved to a location with easier access and a forklift.