Sherline ball screw equipped CNC mill for sale

Thread: Sherline ball screw equipped CNC mill for sale

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sherline ball screw equipped CNC mill for sale

I’m looking to sell my modified Sherline CNC mill due to health & age problems. I have invested a lot of time & money in it and would like to pass it along to someone that can give it a home & get some use out of it. I’ve had 2 strokes now and my mental abilities keep me from going any farther with it. It’s all working fine; it fires up, homes properly, jogs to the preset soft limits but my mental challenges keep me from doing anything else with it. I live in Collierville, TN (Memphis area) and have no way of shipping. 2 guys could load it in a pick up. All offers will be considered. PM me your phone number if you want to talk.

It started life as a 1995 Denford Micromill converted to Mach 3 but the Sherline lead screw wear, backlash & short travels helped me make the decision to upgrade it with the following:

1) Sherline #685625 14” XY Base w/ball screws – I paid $1900.00 for it.

2) Sherline Z-axis CNC conv.parts, limit switch kits & misc. Sherline parts – I paid $300.00 for them.

3) 3, Stepperonline DM542T drives with a 36V-20A PS, bought new.

4) X & Y stepper motors Vexta PK266-02 (2A)

5) Z stepper motor Stepperonline 23HS30-3004S (3A) 1.89 Nm, bought new.

6) CNC4PC C3 spindle index pulse card for spindle rpm readout in Mach 3, bought new.

7) Shop-made 6” x 13” aluminum fixture plate with 60, 6mm tapped holes; includes a 6mm clamp kit and a 2” screw-less machinist’s vice.

8) 2, 1.5” x 4” steel tubing cross-beams were added under the bottom panel of the Micromill enclosure to add rigidity to the mill base. An angle iron & 1/8” steel plate stiffener brace was bolted between to the top of the Z column and the back panel of the enclosure to add rigidity to the Z axis.

9) The original Z column was modified with a 2” riser block and a 2” offset spacer block in the Y direction. 2, bolt-on, 3/16” steel stiffener plates were fitted to add rigidity to the column incl. brass-tip tramming screws.

Included misc. tooling: (Sherline spindle accepts MT1 taper.)
    4, ER16/MT1 collet chucks
    1, ER11/MT1 collet chuck
    1, ER25/MT1 collet chuck

1/8” to ½” x 3/8” shank 6 pc. HSS endmill set.

1/8” shank carbide engraving cutters
    Mist cooling kit.

Includes a WinXP PC with Mach3 loaded and a 19” Dell monitor with swivel mount attached to enclosure. The original 12” Sherline lead-screw equipped X/Y base with stepper motors & misc. parts is included if you want it.