For Sale 2017 Tormach 1100-3 - SE Michigan - 10k OBO

Thread: For Sale 2017 Tormach 1100-3 - SE Michigan - 10k OBO

Default For Sale 2017 Tormach 1100-3 - SE Michigan - 10k OBO

I am looking to sell my tormach series 3 that I purchased new in october of 2017.

I used it for 1 year in my garage but largely stopped using it as of late 2018. (purchased a full sized vmc)

I have 30+ Tormach brand tts holders to go with the machine. 22 ER20 holders, 7 set screw endmill holders, and 6 floating tap holders.

The machine is mechanically sound with fairly low hours. Backlash is the same as it was when I bought it new and I haven't needed to adjust the gibs. I don't know the exact number of hours on the machine but I would estimate it to be 100 to 200 hours spindle time total.

There are some visual defects. There is some minor surface rust on the table as well as on the spindle nose. There are lots of little scratches in the encloser from where I scraped out chips. There is also some paint flaking in some areas.

I am located in Romeo, Michigan. Local pickup only, I have a forklift and can load on a trailer. The machine is currently under power.

Asking 10k OBO.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: For Sale 2017 Tormach 1100-3 - SE Michigan - 10k OBO

A couple of videos I took today

plus a video from 2018 when the machine was in my garage

I am open to offers on this machine, price is flexible. I have a new to me slant bed lathe showing up tomorrow and another mill coming October, so I am going to be in need of more space shortly.

I still have this machine if anyone is interested.

The control is currently running on probe basic, but I can switch it back over to pathpilot if desired.

I would take $6500 for it.

Downloads
    Uploads

What is the reason for probe basic vs pathpilot? What is the footprint of the machine?

I'm interested,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by greenb_60097 View Post
    What is the reason for probe basic vs pathpilot? What is the footprint of the machine?

I'm interested,
    Brian
    I mainly wanted to learn more about the innerworkings of linuxcnc. The best way to do that is to set up a machine and play with the hal/ini files and see what does what.

I was also toying with the idea of bringing the old machines up to "MX" specs (servos, spindle encoder/rigid tap, bt30, and a 2/3 hp spindle motor) since it seems like Tormach is not going to. The easiest way to make this work would be via linuxcnc utilizing the second header on the 5i25 for the spindle encoder and clearpath/servo fault signals. This way you could do the whole "upgrade" without needing to get a special MCB from tormach.

Downloads
    Uploads

Biglebowski I sent you a PM.

Sent pm

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know the big Lebowski? I sent him a pm last week but got no response.