PM-20MV converted Mill

Thread: PM-20MV converted Mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PM-20MV converted Mill

This is a converted PM20MV manual mill that was working good a few years back but has sat up in my shop for a while. The computer is missing but everythjing else is there. It does power up but that it. No computer to test movement. There is some tooling that will be included but not pictured. It is very similar to the Grizzly G0704. No shipping pickup only. Asking $1500.00. The machine is located 45 miles north of New Orleans, LA.
    Email: southernexplorer58@gmail.com
    Phone: 985-three two zero-9933

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PM-20MV converted Mill-img_0641-jpg   PM-20MV converted Mill-img_0642-jpg   PM-20MV converted Mill-img_0644-jpg   PM-20MV converted Mill-img_0645-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PM-20MV converted Mill

If you are interested please make an offer. I need to get it out of the way!

Downloads
    Uploads

is this machine still available

Downloads
    Uploads

If it turns out that his isn't I have a BF20L that's converted with everything you need to start milling. Mill, control computer, vise, clamp kit, collets and TTS tooling.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Duval View Post
    If it turns out that his isn't I have a BF20L that's converted with everything you need to start milling. Mill, control computer, vise, clamp kit, collets and TTS tooling.
    What's your selling price?? His is a dang good deal

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd be in that negihborhood. Let me put together all the info for you and send you over some photos of everything included. I'll put that together today and get it over to you via email. Shoot me your email address in a PM also where you are located. If you are within a few hundred miles I'd even deliver it. Save you some shipping cost.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's the run down of all the stuff.

1 x TopTech BF20L Vario - The L stand for long table. This is as it sat in the enclosure I built for it.

and the controls..

When I bought my new machine I did not have room for both it and the enslosure for the BF20L so I had to kill the enclosure. The coolant setup you see in the photos will not be included. It was just a PVC setup I threw together to run the flood. The montior, mouse and keyboard will be included. I have added a cable chain setup as well in an effort to make it a little nicer for the next owner.

Thsi is as it sits on the cart waiting to be crated up.

It has a 1.1kw Brushless motor running the spindle. It is still gear driven as I never bothered to belt drive it. It's a 6000 rpm motor but with the gearing you end up with a top end of 5100 or so if I recall correctly. It's been a while since I ran it.

I have never stripped one but I do have a couple spare intermediate gears that will be included along with a spare drawbar and a bunch of the original components that were removed during the conversion. I do have a single gas strut on the Z axis to take load off the motor. Motors on all axis are NEMA 23 steppers. It also has a power drawbar.

Travels are roughly as follows.

X = 18 inches
    Y = 7 inches
    Z = 10 inches

Safe limits are setup as follows

X = 17.80 inches
    Y = 6.70 inches
    Z = 9.90 inches

The PC controller is a Dell Precision 490
    Xeon E5335 @ 2.0 Ghz
    Ram - 4 gigs
    Running Windows 7 32bit fully patched.

CNC software is Mach Standard Mill.

Axis movement is provided by a Gecko G540. The machine does have limit switches on all axis. I have just put on a new set in preperation for selling the machine. It also has a tool offset touch plate that I made sitting on the table. That will need to be wired into the controller to function. I had it set up running into an Arduino that was running both it and my touch probe. The touch probe I have taken over to my new machine.

Here's the accessories list.

1 - Shars 4 inch double vise

1 - 7/16 clamping set.

1 - R8 Keyless drill chuck

1 - R8 arbor for a boring head - sent in the box for the BT30 arbor I bought.

6 - 3/4 TTS ER20 Collet chucks - Rack included for mounting to machine enclosure.

12 - ER20 collets sizes - 1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 5/32, 7/32, 9/32, 11/32, 13/32 inch
    7 - R8 Collets sizes 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4 - The 3/4 has been ground for use with the TTS tool holders.

1 - Mitee-Bite 7/16 T-Slot Kit

5 - YG1 HHS 3/8x3/8x3/4x2-1/2 in 2 Flute cutters

I also have some original parts off the mill.

Full disclosure. You'll need to plan on building you own electrical enclosure. I had mine built into the my enclosure and just removed the electronics before destroying the eclosure.

In action...

$2000 plus shipping takes it all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Where are you located?

Downloads
    Uploads

Cumming,Georgia.

Did you sell this?

Downloads
    Uploads