Need Help! G72 and G70 wont both run in the same program - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G72 and G70 wont both run in the same program

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G72 and G70 wont both run in the same program

My buddy's Mill is a Fadal. I looked up a list of their G codes and most of them are the same. What I didn't see where the G70, G71, and G72 codes, which are all the bolt hole circle, arc, and array codes. The project I am making has 10 bolt hole circles, with 6 holes per circle.

I downloaded Autocad and have managed to make a drawing for the part I want to make. I also downloaded Mastercam but haven't used it yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G72 and G70 wont both run in the same program

Quote Originally Posted by johntlarson View Post
    My buddy's Mill is a Fadal. I looked up a list of their G codes and most of them are the same. What I didn't see where the G70, G71, and G72 codes, which are all the bolt hole circle, arc, and array codes. The project I am making has 10 bolt hole circles, with 6 holes per circle.

I downloaded Autocad and have managed to make a drawing for the part I want to make. I also downloaded Mastercam but haven't used it yet.
    Cool yes doing a 2D drawing is all that is needed in most cases save your drawing as a DXF and save it here, and I will run it through my cam program to give you an idea of what the program should look like

Yes Fadal can be a little different, but should use most of the codes, Mastercam I used to use it a few years ago but moved to Gibbs Cam, to suit the machine you are using you would need a Post processor for that cam program that suits you machine you are going to run it on, so if your friend has Mastercam he could give you the same post processor that he is using and you will be good to go as it will produce the same code that he is using, just make sure the part has a known X0Y0 point and Z0 is the top of your part

This X0Y0 part point will be where you set the G54 in your machine

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12