M0

Thread: M0

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default M0

If I throw an M0 in my program, how to I restart the program after hitting the M0 without having to restart the program?

Also, can I use block delete (/M0)? Can I rutn block delete on and off?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

First make sure you have a "safe start block" immediately following the M0.
    This block (or series of blocks) restates the spindle speed, fixture offsets, Tool Length Offset (TLO), coolant, and modal G-codes.
    Then when the program stops, perform your intervention, make sure operational conditions are met (door closed, etc.) and press cycle start.
    You could use a block delete, however the prefered method is M1 Optional Stop. There should be a Op. Stop button on your control that toggles off and on when you press it. I use an "Op. Stop" prior to each tool change, so when the operator wants to check dimensions, tool condition, etc. they can "enable optional stop" and the program will stop at the end of the tool sequence. Then they can simple press cycle start again to continue operation, or restart the tool again using standard operating procedure for rerunning tools. DON'T FORGET THE SAFE START BLOCK AT EACH TOOL CHANGE.
    Using Optional Stop keeps your Block Delete available for other functions.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Umm...thanks for the reply, but I posted this thread in the "NCPlot G-Code editor/backplotter" forum because my queation is about using a compulsary stop in the NCPlot software, not an actual, real, live CNC control, which I got all figured out.

When I'm backplotting in NCPlot, there doesn't appear to be an intuitive way to restart program execution at an M0. The program can't seem to get past that point with the available Animate, Step, Plot, Re-Plot, etc. options. I pretty much tried them all.

Thanks, however, for your time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Eliot,

There is a preferences setting call 'Stop at M00'. When this setting is off (unchecked) then NCPlot will ignore M00 commands, but when it is on it will pause at each M00 command and give you the option to continue or cancel the plot. If you continue after the M00 then the plot continues, it will only end the plot if you choose cancel. Once the plot is finished you will have all of the standard plot controls.

Thanks,
    Scott

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Scott,

Here's a little snippet that stops after a drilling cycle to blow out a blind hole before running a tapping cycle:

Code:
    %
    :0001
    G17G40G80
    T1
    M6
    (DRILL)
    G90G0G54X0.Y0.
    S500M3
    G34Z1.H1T2M8
    G83G98Z-1.R.1F3.5
    G0G80Z2.
    M0
    (TAP)
    G90G0G54X0.Y0.
    G43Z1.H2M8
    G95
    S100M29
    G84G98Z-.75R.4F.05
    G0G80Z2.
    G94
    M101
    G91G28Y0
    M30
    %
    If I hit Refresh Plot, I get the M00 Program Stop dialog. When I hit the OK button, the dialog closes, and focus remains on the M0 line. When I click Step Forward, the program appears to rewind. The drilling cycle repeats, then code execution skips over the M0, and the tapping cycle executes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Eliot,

I didn't see the problem when I ran your code, are still seeing this? Sorry it took so long to get back to you...

Scott