Fixturing

Thread: Fixturing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fixturing

I’m just curious as to what others are doing to locate and square their materials and fixtures squarely in the machine? Can one make a “tooling” plate from their spoil board and have pieces turned that fit snugly in the holes to square things up? What about bronze or brass bushings with holes for located pins that a fixture can index on? As always, pictures are a great help as well. My thought is a grid of holes coupled with a couple t slots for hold downs and then a couple of the bushings with the locator holes and then adding additional ones as the need arises. With the bushings you could then just home the machine and reduce setup times when repeating parts runs.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fixturing

That's pretty much what I do. I have a grid of 20mm- holes bored by the CNC along with T-slots in the spoil board. I use parf dogs in the holes to set the jigs against.

You can see this in many of my videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH-...TYdNS4EkQGsVUQ

The other I did was to have the spoil board outline cut by the CNC after it was bolted down (and during creation of the holes and t-slots). So the edges of the spoil board are also square to the machine and I can just locate the jigs along the edge of a large square against the side.