Tele cad drawings - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tele cad drawings

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by moosespears View Post
    I found this site by searching this topic on google. Would it be possible to get any solid models or autoCAD files for this guitar body (aluminum one above). I'm fairly new to guitar, but wanted to build my own. I'm most interested in pocket locations and sizes as well as the pocket for a production neck. Thanks for any help. Y'all seem like a good group of guys.

Greg
    If you are not specifically looking to use a CNC machine to make your guitar, might I suggest another forum: www.projectguitar.com. Also you might want to try www.mimf.com, although this is one is more for acoustic guitars, archtops and violins. These are full of all kinds of information on how to build your own guitar. The CNC application is fairly specific and not common for most amature and small scale professional builders.

Finally, there is a commercial site with good 2D plans called www.guitarplansunlimited.com. I got a set of modified strat plans that were very well drawn and presented.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett View Post
    If you are not specifically looking to use a CNC machine to make your guitar, might I suggest another forum: www.projectguitar.com. Also you might want to try www.mimf.com, although this is one is more for acoustic guitars, archtops and violins. These are full of all kinds of information on how to build your own guitar. The CNC application is fairly specific and not common for most amature and small scale professional builders.

Finally, there is a commercial site with good 2D plans called www.guitarplansunlimited.com. I got a set of modified strat plans that were very well drawn and presented.
    Thanks for a quick reply. I will be using a Daewoo CNC mill to carve one of these out of work or possibly aluminum.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Greg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have anyone got some drawings where there is the measures of a telecaster? mostly for the socket of the neck. or pocket or whatever it is called. (the thing where the neck goes into)
    Because i havn't been able to find anything with measures on the internet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by todd71 View Post
    Thanks for the Tele file. Came out pretty cool. What other files do you have?

Todd
    http://www.innovative-accents.com
    This Tele with the flames,,,, very cool! You did this in artcam?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All...First post on this site...I CMMed a body from a 66' tele, did all the drawings, body ,neck, and CNCed all parts (body, neck). All drawings and solids are on page 17 of the build thread. Here is the link to my build. Enjoy!http://www.tdpri.com/forum/telecaste...cnc-build.html
    Cheers
    ED

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Telecaster downloads

Where can I download or acquire Telecaster
    DXF files ?
    Thank you kindly.
    Ray

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by glassgunner View Post
    Where can I download or acquire Telecaster
    DXF files ?
    Thank you kindly.
    Ray
    Hi Ray...Check the post above yours. I have all the files for the build on page 17 of that thread!
    Cheers
    ED

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ed Hawley:

Awesome posts regarding your Tele build. Fantastic. I wish I had access to a wood shop to make one for myself. I've downloaded what I could from your thread, but it'll be a long time before I could use any of the info. But I've taken *.dxf's before and generated miniatures for jewelry items, and casted them in solid sterling. I used a ModelMaster CNC 1000 to carve the waxes, and a Pyramid cutter, 0.003" x 15 degree, and got great resolution. Even the logos of the heretofore unnamed Nashville guitar manufacturer were visible in the casted items, and they were only 1.5" long overall.

Thanks, and I'm jealous of your knowledge and man what a great adventure you've undertaken. Congrats.

MG

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mgdesigns View Post
    Ed Hawley:

Awesome posts regarding your Tele build. Fantastic. I wish I had access to a wood shop to make one for myself. I've downloaded what I could from your thread, but it'll be a long time before I could use any of the info. But I've taken *.dxf's before and generated miniatures for jewelry items, and casted them in solid sterling. I used a ModelMaster CNC 1000 to carve the waxes, and a Pyramid cutter, 0.003" x 15 degree, and got great resolution. Even the logos of the heretofore unnamed Nashville guitar manufacturer were visible in the casted items, and they were only 1.5" long overall.

Thanks, and I'm jealous of your knowledge and man what a great adventure you've undertaken. Congrats.

MG
    Thanks MG...It's always fun! Anything I can help you with ,let me know!..And keep me posted on you r build stuff.
    Cheers
    ED

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ed,
    I am still reading your thread. Great thread. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
    I have a question on your neck solid file. Is it available in any other format, like STL 3DS.
    I have the SolidWorks eDrawing viewer, but it doesn't seem to support it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So as a total newb to this computerized routing thing but not computers, how could I make files like this work on a Carvewright. What software/tools would I need?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by syxxstring View Post
    So as a total newb to this computerized routing thing but not computers, how could I make files like this work on a Carvewright. What software/tools would I need?
    I'm afraid that the Carveright is limited to its own proprietary software. Unless something has changed in the last month or so, you can only use the software that comes with it. I found it unacceptably limiting, however a member of this site seems to have made some pretty good guitar bodies with his Carveright. I suggest that you search for "liquidguitars" on this site or google him. There is also a Carvewright thread on this forum.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've read information I can't find now about being able to export dxf files to .ai files and then work them into the carvewright.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool website!

I looked at the Tele DXF models and do not see any soild models at all.

You need STL like soild models for the Carvewright.

You will be wasting your time with 2d pollyline..

LG

keep on trucking!
    www.liquidguitars.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

LG
    Can you bring files into Solidworks to build off like these?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you bring files into Solidworks to build off like these?

Yes and any image maps that helps you with scale.

LG

keep on trucking!
    www.liquidguitars.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If your looking for tele models in stl or stp, email me and I'll send them along. I have Rhino also.
    Cheers
    ED
    ehawley1@optonline.net

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all! Does anyone have depthof neck and other pockets?

P.S. Thanks Ed!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi...Depth of neck, neck PU, and bridge PU cavity is 5/8". The control cavity is 1 1/2"
    Cheers
    ED

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all, I have a guitar playing son who has an artistic hand. He is starting to build a pickguard for his new Fender Thinline replica. The new pickguard will be of copper or brass and he wants to etch an Art Deco style design onto it. He did DL the pdf file of the pickguard from Fender.com and has a full size copy in Illustrator (on a Mac) which he was able to dissect and attempted to save as a dwg and dxf formats, neither of which were readable at the local machine shop by AutoCAD. Has anyone attempted this type of conversion? Thanks and hello all, I am new on this site.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast