multicam 3000 - new Z-axis stepper board, now won't find tool changer

Thread: multicam 3000 - new Z-axis stepper board, now won't find tool changer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default multicam 3000 - new Z-axis stepper board, now won't find tool changer

Stepper control board arc'd & died, easy replacement with a PacSci 6410-001-n-n-n as I've done in the past BUT now that i've installed a new one, the z-axis stops about 4 inches short of the toolchanger.

I've restarted & rehomed the machine multiple times now and nothing changes except the board gets HOT.

full disclosure, I bought two used stepper boards from a decommissioned machine that were tested BUT now that I open the 2nd package I notice a "calibrated sticker" on the PacSci label. Not certain what path I need to go down here, and a NEW stepper board is weeks away, but is there a way to muck with these to restore to default factory settings? I'd hate to muck with the machine's parameters to accomodate.