Need Help! Multicam MG series.

Thread: Multicam MG series.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multicam MG series.

Hi all.

Is there a way to slowdown the feed rate above the material.
    Its horribly fast and I'm afraid it is going to nock someone over.

In dry run mode its all good but as soon as your start the cut file the rapid movement between cuts just ramps up.

Using aspire

Kind regards

LN

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Multicam MG series.

Are you talking about the plunge-rate of the spindle into the stock (Z-axis movement)?
    The X-Y movements should be the exact same as a true run. From what I see, dry run mode doesn't run the Z-axis.

If your machining file (plotter file) is in 2D mode, it will not have feed-rate settings for the tool going down into the material, so this has to be adjusted manually on your machine. To set the Z plunge rate;

Press "Menu", Use UP/DOWN until "Params_2D" is highlighted, Press "Enter", Use UP/DOWN until "Z Plunge Feed" is highlighted, Press "Enter", then enter the desired Z-axis speed (Usually in Inch per. second). The default is 60 Inch/Sec.

If this is not the problem, would be great if you could specify a bit more.
    Best of luck!

Default Re: Multicam MG series.

If you're talking about the rapid moves executed trough the plotter file, the manual says "the Feedrate Override has no effect when the machine is executing a rapid move above the material". The rapid move feed-rate (Or just "MAX Velocity") doesn't seem to have a setting easily available. I suspect you have tried changing the Jog Speed?

In the setup of the machine, it's maximum velocity is set and saved to the controller flash. The file containing these setup values for your specific machine is usually given along with the machine on a diskette or something. The filename for our MC44+ is FLRAM.UC
    If you're able to find this file pertaining to your machine current setup, you could find the max-velocity in there and change it, then upload the value using a terminal program that can communicate with the machine controller.

For now, I don't see this option available on your machine trough the pendant. Same as trough my MC44+.