Need Help! Multicam 3000 Modbus 1/20

Thread: Multicam 3000 Modbus 1/20

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Multicam 3000 Modbus 1/20

Hi all! This is my first post here, so forgive me if my format isnt correct.

I run a Multicam 3000 on a daily basis and it has had its fair share of issues.
    Yesterday we had a sheet stop in the middle of cutting (a file that has cut 1000's of times seamlessly) and the controller paused and gave a "Modbus Slave Timeout 1" Error, and we were able to finish cutting the sheet by simply sending a shortened version of the file to complete what got missed, we have "fix files" that we set up to complete operations when power cuts etc.
    This morning when trying to warm up the spindle, we immediately received a "Modbus Timeout- Slv: 20 Timed Out" only seconds after the spindle started spinning. We could cancel that error and try another warm up, but the same error is thrown immediately. This is where we are currently stuck. It seems like i have full control of the machine up until the spindle starts going, then it errors out instantly.

Thanks in advance for your help, I appreciate any ideas!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multicam 3000 Modbus 1/20

With the machine off....Check your Rio board connection ( Unplug and replug all of the connections on the Rio and that the Rio board is not covered in a nice warm blanket of dust....Electronics don t like to be warm and cozy.

Quote Originally Posted by CnScott View Post
    Hi all! This is my first post here, so forgive me if my format isnt correct.

I run a Multicam 3000 on a daily basis and it has had its fair share of issues.
    Yesterday we had a sheet stop in the middle of cutting (a file that has cut 1000's of times seamlessly) and the controller paused and gave a "Modbus Slave Timeout 1" Error, and we were able to finish cutting the sheet by simply sending a shortened version of the file to complete what got missed, we have "fix files" that we set up to complete operations when power cuts etc.
    This morning when trying to warm up the spindle, we immediately received a "Modbus Timeout- Slv: 20 Timed Out" only seconds after the spindle started spinning. We could cancel that error and try another warm up, but the same error is thrown immediately. This is where we are currently stuck. It seems like i have full control of the machine up until the spindle starts going, then it errors out instantly.

Thanks in advance for your help, I appreciate any ideas!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multicam 3000 Modbus 1/20

you shouldn't have to send a partial file to complete when the machine errors. there is a built-in "proximity start" option by moving your bit above the last point you left off and hitting Shift+Start and Enter when promted to confirm "start here"