MT-22 Power Up Problem

Thread: MT-22 Power Up Problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MT-22 Power Up Problem

I have an older MT-22 that I acquired. It is a 220 machine. When I power on...via the breaker on the control box, the fans kick in, the pendant comes up and then reports Overvoltage - Voltage = 39.1. It has a blinking cursor at the end of the voltage number. Does anyone know what this means (besides the obvious) and how to test/fix or replace what is bad or out of adjustment? Thanks! -Matt

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MT-22 Power Up Problem

Just to clarify, it says overvoltage, bus voltage = 40.1 This number changes every time I power off and then on. But will not allow me to have control of the machine. I also took off the cover to the power supply/control board and the cts light is red. However, I am not connected to the computer. Anybody?

Downloads
    Uploads

Over voltage is your 5 volt power supply, its suppling more then 5.09 volts to the control board

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tnwalkinghorse View Post
    Just to clarify, it says overvoltage, bus voltage = 40.1 This number changes every time I power off and then on. But will not allow me to have control of the machine. I also took off the cover to the power supply/control board and the cts light is red. However, I am not connected to the computer. Anybody?
    If the input power is correct, then the control board might be already burnt.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html