Another Multicam Connection Issue Host Not Responding!

Thread: Another Multicam Connection Issue Host Not Responding!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another Multicam Connection Issue Host Not Responding!

I have a MG205 build date 10/2000 sticker in the control cabinet. I have a windows7 64 bit pc with pss installed. Machine connections finds the router. Job server starts and shows connection established to the router,the server icon is active in the tray. You push the dnc button on the pendant and the "loading....." message displays, timeout occured waiting for a feature key pop up window on the pc displays. Or you hit the dnc key and it will show Host Not Responding. There is a direct connection from the pc to the m24 control. Multicam says it doesnt need a switch for win7. both contol and pc have a discreet ip address with the same subnet mask. Sometimes when you start the machine,and the pc up it will connect,but it is very rare for it to connect and this is just not acceptable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Another Multicam Connection Issue Host Not Responding!

Try this....

!st run PSS in XP compatibility mode and as admin

Put a switch between the computer and the machine.....

Try that as see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Deese View Post
    I have a MG205 build date 10/2000 sticker in the control cabinet. I have a windows7 64 bit pc with pss installed. Machine connections finds the router. Job server starts and shows connection established to the router,the server icon is active in the tray. You push the dnc button on the pendant and the "loading....." message displays, timeout occured waiting for a feature key pop up window on the pc displays. Or you hit the dnc key and it will show Host Not Responding. There is a direct connection from the pc to the m24 control. Multicam says it doesnt need a switch for win7. both contol and pc have a discreet ip address with the same subnet mask. Sometimes when you start the machine,and the pc up it will connect,but it is very rare for it to connect and this is just not acceptable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Another Multicam Connection Issue Host Not Responding!

Quote Originally Posted by MCPservice View Post
    Try this....

!st run PSS in XP compatibility mode and as admin

Put a switch between the computer and the machine.....

Try that as see what happens
    I will try that. I have a question for you,did machines from this vintage use DHCP or were they all static IP? My machine doesn't have the setting for DHCP in the Ethernet menu. I'm betting they were static. I did buy a switch today and I have it connected to the host pc through the switch,I have the host on my network with internet access and the router gives it an IP address through DHCP. I gave the mg205 a static IP and I was able to connect and tested the reliability of the connection briefly.it seems to be working. I will try what you said tomorrow,thank you.