Just pickup up a 1204R

Thread: Just pickup up a 1204R

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just pickup up a 1204R

Hello all, not really here for problems just yet but thought I'd post up a machine we just picked up. I have a modified X Carve in my home shop so this is a big jump. The place I work for has been wanting a router for proto/fixture work but the price has kept them from moving forward with it. I found this one used for $7500 with the vac pump so we took the chance.

Hopefully we'll have it up and running this week. We're trying to finalize location and electrician is coming in to drop power to it. Anything I should look for or work on before firing it up? I definitely want to give it a good cleaning and make sure all the zerk fittings on the guides are lubed up good. Going to get it down on the ground today and get it leveled. Recommendations on cleaners and grease for the guides?

Just pickup up a 1204R-img_2871-jpg Just pickup up a 1204R-img_2752-jpg Just pickup up a 1204R-img_2749-jpg Just pickup up a 1204R-img_2750-jpg

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just pickup up a 1204R-img_2871-jpg   Just pickup up a 1204R-img_2752-jpg   Just pickup up a 1204R-img_2749-jpg   Just pickup up a 1204R-img_2750-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just pickup up a 1204R

The 1000 series do not like 208 or lower voltage, it too close to its lowest voltage that you can tap the transformer.

Make sure you ground the machine “Earth Ground” and the control cabinet

This machine is very susceptible to voltage spikes and static shocks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MCPservice View Post
    The 1000 series do not like 208 or lower voltage, it too close to its lowest voltage that you can tap the transformer.

Make sure you ground the machine “Earth Ground” and the control cabinet

This machine is very susceptible to voltage spikes and static shocks
    Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, to add to MCP's comments, if you use a dust collector with the hose shown, ground the copper winding in the hose otherwise you may have a static issue. I had a similar MC and the static from the dust hose would hang the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by NSchlee View Post
    Also, to add to MCP's comments, if you use a dust collector with the hose shown, ground the copper winding in the hose otherwise you may have a static issue. I had a similar MC and the static from the dust hose would hang the machine.
    You aren’t the first to say that so I’m planning on it. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you elaborate on what would happen when the machine would "hang" I'm having an issue with it currently that sounds like maybe this could be the issue? I made a new post with my problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

When mine would "hang" the machine's motion would stop, can't remember if the spindle would also stop, but the controls would not react until the system was re-booted. My machine was running the MC controller and software looks like you're using Mach.

Downloads
    Uploads

When mine would "hang" the machine's motion would stop, can't remember if the spindle would also stop, but the controls would not react until the system was re-booted. My machine was running the MC controller and software looks like you're using Mach.
    Thanks, ok so different thing than what this is doing.