Need driver multicam 48plus,

Thread: Need driver multicam 48plus,

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need driver multicam 48plus,

Hi

we bought an multicam 48plus its an older version everything is working now but we dont have the correct driver
    Its HPGl.

when we try to mill a box the corners gets radious instead of stright lines.

we use remodnc to send it and everything works good. Old enroute software and it also works good. but the postprocessor is not working as it should

do anyone have a correct postprocessor

best regards

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need driver multicam 48plus,

Did you ever find the correct post processor for the 48 Plus? We recently bought an the same machine and are running into the same issues finding legacy software & files for this.

Default Re: Need driver multicam 48plus,

We have a 90s MultiCAM Router as well. Currently I'm working with retrofitting it with another controller, while keeping the old one in place. This is simply to keep the machine "alive" if anything were to happen to the old board from multicam. The controller we have is a m23 breakout (And the processor behind it, which I haven't really looked at, but it's one of those G*** something something boards).

Anywho.. The multicam we have is also a 48 Plus (though the finishing/wiring documents interchange between 44 and 48. So it's basically the same I suppose).

One of the main reasons we want to retrofit it, is to communicate in G-code, instead of the dead HPGL language. I've been trough a lengthy process trying to write a postprocessor for some CADs, but I haven't got the patience to learn all those post-processor languages. Hehe.
    But what I DO have, is the manual for the 48 Plus that describes the HPGL codes that it uses, and how it processes them. Enroute has unfortunately changed a bunch of stuff from version to version, and sometimes they leave behind the old machines. Enroute truly "sucks" in that sense.
    So I suspect it is throwing in a tool-path command for ARC move, and not linear move where you want.

First thing to try:
    Make sure your Enroute is set up with the exact tool you're using, and that you require a "full move" for each individual linear path. The newer Enroutes will send a HPGL command for "arching" into the next command, thus making the rounded edge instead of going point-to-point.
    If you could perhaps link the PLT file you use? And make sure it's just a rectangle. I'm not in the mood to look trough a long toolpath.
    I could then point out where the PLT file is incorrect for your machine.

Also, there are parameters that could be changed on the machine controller itself that is directly related to this arching. I'm currently working trough my own config-file to understand what every value actually is. (The stupid FLRAM.UC file doesn't contain any description on WHAT the value is, just a list of set_sysparam values from 1 to 139. (Values like table size, metric/imperial units, dual X gantry, etc. etc.).

Have you tried the very old WinDNC to serve the files with the same effect? Just a thought.