Problem New Multi Cam Machine keeps requiring service calls and replacement parts

Thread: New Multi Cam Machine keeps requiring service calls and replacement parts

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy New Multi Cam Machine keeps requiring service calls and replacement parts

We purchased a NEW Multi Cam machine last year and have nothing but trouble with it on a monthly basis. Electronics, Vacuum, On and On.. Has anyone had this problem with new machines.
    Our old machine 20 years plus just runs and runs / both are 10 x 5 beds. New one required a 7K compressor too.

Just trying to understand what we have here ? Perhaps a Lemon ? just replaced the Coil to connect with the Vacuum today got replacement part and it did not fit
    the mounting holes of the original. Really disappointed and it takes a week to get a tech out when we need one at $800.00 a visit.

Tyler Curtis
    stancosignage.com
    1 714 549 9303
    Santa Ana, Cal

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Multi Cam Machine keeps requiring service calls and replacement parts

If it's a new machine, speak with MultiCam - surely there is a warranty.

If you have an old machine then you must have experience with driving such a machine so it's unlikely user error.

Call MultiCam.

Default Re: New Multi Cam Machine keeps requiring service calls and replacement parts

I have an older Multicam 5000 machine. I have had MANY problems with Multicam service. In fact, i am considering changing out the complete control system. Has anyone done anything like this?
    I have learned to do many different types of repairs myself and would like talking with others that have learned out on necessity.

Bob Blackhurst
    Stagegear Inc.
    714-632-7170
    Anaheim, CA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Woodmonkey View Post
    I have an older Multicam 5000 machine. I have had MANY problems with Multicam service. In fact, i am considering changing out the complete control system. Has anyone done anything like this?
    I have learned to do many different types of repairs myself and would like talking with others that have learned out on necessity.

Bob Blackhurst
    Stagegear Inc.
    714-632-7170
    Anaheim, CA
    I would just drop in a Centroid Acorn system https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid...ontroller.html , Fully compatible with the existing servos/steppers, and at the first sign of trouble with the existing servo or stepper drives bolt in ClearPath servos. https://www.teknic.com/model-info/CPM-SDHP-3436D-ELS/

I installed ClearPath servos in a 5x10 Multicam machine for a customer and they worked great.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    I would just drop in a Centroid Acorn system https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid...ontroller.html , Fully compatible with the existing servos/steppers, and at the first sign of trouble with the existing servo or stepper drives bolt in ClearPath servos. https://www.teknic.com/model-info/CPM-SDHP-3436D-ELS/

I installed ClearPath servos in a 5x10 Multicam machine for a customer and they worked great.
    Thank you so much....

I sent them an email.

I will be out of town till the 19th. If you have any other info, or maybe want a piece of the conversion, please let me know.

Sincerely,
    Robert Blackhurst

Downloads
    Uploads

Robert, I sent an email to you with a recommendation.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA