Multicam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac

Thread: Multicam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multicam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac

I have the MG103 up and running. Now I need to source some more tools. The spindle is a Colombo RC 110.22. I see pull studs listed on the Multicam site as being for the RS and Billet spindles. The one tool that was in the spindle suggests the drawbar uses fingers. I'm not sure which pull studs to order.

I'm also only able to use a few of the pockets on the carousel because of extreme wear. Pocket #1 for example droops too far to reliably change, but pockets 6-8 are perfect. I found a replacement carousel but it is for 7-10 HP Colombo and mine is 5.5HP. It certainly looks correct. Part number is: 911P4458-0
    https://store.multicam.com/ProductDe...ode=911P4458-0

I have the 10 HP turbo vac plumbed in. The waste board warped in transit and is cut up. What kind of MDF should I source? Also, when I block the suction at the filter the the vacuum gauge goes to about 15 inches and the motor draws the full 24 FLA. With a board over one quadrant I can only get 4-5 inches. What kind of vacuum should I typically expect?

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multicam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac

I figured I'd make a quick update. I have most everything sorted. The pull studs are the Billet style, I ordered them from Multicam. I found a broken PVC fitting that was causing a HUGE vacuum leak. Turned out to be a $2 fix. The table is now holding down work as expected.

The carousel on this machine is the 911P4456 which is smaller and clocked different than the one listed the Multicam website. The local rep sent me the DXF file to mill a new one from HDPE. I instead opted to make a new carousel from aluminum and use standard ISO30 grippers that can be replaced individually. I am very happy with the new carousel. Figured this might be of interest to someone.

I used this grabcad model and the grips fit perfectly.
    https://grabcad.com/library/tool-hol...mp-for-iso30-1

Multicam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac-multicam-mg-carousel-v23-jpgMulticam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac-img_3986-jpgMulticam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac-img_3987-jpgMulticam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac-img_3988-jpgMulticam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac-img_3998-jpgMulticam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac-img_3999-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multicam MG103 pull studs, replacement carousel, waste board suggestion, and vac

I cannot say for sure on the pull studs, however for our MG103 we use a 25hp Dekker vacuum pump. Typical vacuum is about 21 in hg through 3/4 MDF spoil board for my machine. This is likely overkill for most applications, but I cut a lot of low density foam so extra hold down power was needed.

Would it be possible for you to post the .DXF for the aluminum portion of the carousel? I'm looking to replace my current one since it is missing some fingers and think your design would be an improvement over just remaking an HDPE carousel again.

Thank you in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Polchies View Post
    Would it be possible for you to post the .DXF for the aluminum portion of the carousel?
    I designed the part in Fusion 360. I've attached a zip file containing both native and step formats. I machined this on a VMC but I suppose it could be done on a router, aside from maybe the tapping. I do have an extra carousel that I mistakenly engraved the pocket numbers on backwards, if your interested send me a PM. I used it for a few days and it works fine, I just mislabelled the pockets. I assumed clockwise rotation. Imagine my sadness when I installed it.

My vacuum pulls about 10 to 12 inches depending on the zones I have open. My pump is only 10 HP which is a little on the lite side for a 4x8 imo.

Attached Files Attached Files