Help setting soft Home position 0

Thread: Help setting soft Home position 0

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help setting soft Home position 0

Hey Guys;

Machine has been running real well lately... for a MultiCAM 1000 anyway. lol

My latest problem is that apparently my zero has moved a touch..... here's what happened; I pulled my spoil board and installed a new one and then surfaced it flat. I reinstalled and cut my jigs but the x axis is about .045" from the position it was prior to the new spoil board. I can adjust my soft homes 1-9 no problem but setting home (as in home 0) works great until I power off, then it loses this and goes back to the offset of x=4",y=4" that I set years ago. When I first set up the machine the home 0 was pretty close to the edge of the machine, much closer to the hard zero produced by the proximity switches. There was no room for jigs and especially clamps so somehow I moved the soft home zero out to x4",y4" which allowed space in the corner of my table for jigs and clamps. BUT I can't remember how I did it and I can't find anything in the manual about it.

Now, it seems to me that all I need to do is nudge the X,Y to where is supposed to be and set the home zero to that point using the keypad. I can temporarily do this using the keypad, no problem but it forgets this point every time the power is removed, it seems to indicate in the manual that it should remember this point. The funny thing is that it actually does remember the soft home points 1-9 based the home 0,0 that it moves to after a automatic home search. I tried using the soft 1-9 and it works fine, until I forget to use one of the soft homes, then I'm off everything I cut by .045"

I must have done it when I set the machine up, but now I just can't remember what I did. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Mike Purcell