Multicam M Code Mapping for Mister

Thread: Multicam M Code Mapping for Mister

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multicam M Code Mapping for Mister

Hi everyone,

I'm working on attaching a mister to my Multicam 1000 Series (actually an airbrush, but I'm attempting to control it through the mister output). So far, I've been able to test the functionality of the port on the main air manifold by moving the connecting pin from the dust collector solenoid to the port associated with the mister. Shoutout to Maurice at MCP Services for the help!

Multicam M Code Mapping for Mister-multicam-manifold-modifications-jpg

I tested the functionality of the mister using the "Mister Test" on the pendant (by pressing Shift+9), and confirmed that the mister port was addressable.

However, I'm having some trouble activating the solenoid using M code. I cross-referenced the M codes that were mapped on JobServer>Program Settings>CNC>Mcodes with those listed in the Multicam Manual, and inserted them into a simple .cnc file to test their functionality. (I attached one of the .cnc files for reference, and my Mcode settings) I was unable to trigger the solenoid with the following Mcodes:
    M07, M08, M09, M14, M26, M27, M38 & M48

After reading through the "Software Ports" section of the manual (also attached), I tried using:
    G98 P136 D1 to set the mister configuration to enabled.

I also created a new Mcode M24 in the Program settings and assigned it to device 201 (listed at Mister Output on p.9 of the attached manual), and inserted it into a .cnc file, but it was also unsuccessful.

It seems that the solution would be to determine which device is associated with the 'mister output' port, map an unused Mcode to that device, and call that Mcode in a .cnc file. Does anyone know how to identify the device number? Or is there another way to address a specific port on the manifold?

The machine specs:
    Multicam 1000 series with an HP4 controller and a v 8.02 ATC
    Running Productivity Software Suite v 3.9 (from 2003)

Thanks in advance for any help!