Bad experience with Multicam - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad experience with Multicam

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bad experience with Multicam

I bought the machine used and from a bank liquidation,(the previous owner must of gone broke and I d have to imagine the cost of tech support from advanced machine and tool in addition to down time had to be a factor) I bought it right and have no issue there. The issue is their corporate culture and attitude and that is a top down problem, the dishonesty, the lack of regard for the consumer, the terrible customer service, and of course the EXTRA TECH programmers note in the inverter parameters disabling the spindle tool clamp proximity switch. I mean srsly wtf?????? we use too many tools to run with 2 or 3 spindles and I m planning to add a secondary machine this next year a pod and rail. They are just difficult to deal with, for example I called them and said I want to add pop up pins for 6th face nesting. they said it can t be done. Well we added the pins our selves with cylinders off a salvaged Biesse Rover B through the phenolic. I asked about loading for tools like a fixed tool storage, they said it can t be done the disc and 8 tools was it. we now can load up to 24 tools with 2 fixed tool stores along the Y axis we fabricated and wrote macros for. I have to believe that that it just shouldn't be so difficult. Given the fact that their poor decision making nearly caused me to lose my leg one time and spend 17k rebuilding spindles is simple ridiculous and they should imho be grateful and cooperative rather than hostile and obnoxious.-T

Downloads
    Uploads

just make no confusion, my concern is not simply expenses or costeffective.. but they known as they have ""great support""
    and looks like in your case it just didn't come true..

the 17 K is really ridiculous because that is more than a new spindle..

locally here a cabinetshop using a weeke, another has onsrud.. I see what those machines capable.. weeke has a huge head with many drill also toolchanger.. the onsrud has only
    toolchanger..

by the way the biesse, if works, that really fast.. can run with 70 meter per min..

while this is not a perske spindle, still you could have one as a spare spindle..

9kw same hsd CNC ATC Spindle (GDZ143*133 9 ATC spindle)-in Machine Tool Spindle from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

heres a Colombo, still not 17K

14hp Giordano Colombo RS 135/22 ATC Spindle Motor 220V

another one

10hp Giordano Colombo RCE 110/22 ATC Spindle Motor

so after you paid 17 K still you have a used spindle...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by victorofga View Post
    just make no confusion, my concern is not simply expenses or costeffective.. but they known as they have ""great support""
    and looks like in your case it just didn't come true..

the 17 K is really ridiculous because that is more than a new spindle..

locally here a cabinetshop using a weeke, another has onsrud.. I see what those machines capable.. weeke has a huge head with many drill also toolchanger.. the onsrud has only
    toolchanger..

by the way the biesse, if works, that really fast.. can run with 70 meter per min..

while this is not a perske spindle, still you could have one as a spare spindle..

9kw same hsd CNC ATC Spindle (GDZ143*133 9 ATC spindle)-in Machine Tool Spindle from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

heres a Colombo, still not 17K

14hp Giordano Colombo RS 135/22 ATC Spindle Motor 220V

another one

10hp Giordano Colombo RCE 110/22 ATC Spindle Motor

so after you paid 17 K still you have a used spindle...
    The 17k was two different rebuilds and the price for the machine work bearings etc comparable with PDS which would be the only other co. I would have sent it to and I had them quote the work as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

we are in the UKI ..bought a Multicam waterjet .. paid £80k for a machine that we could not use for 9 months,. compressor breaking down weekly, programming updates that made it impossible to do ceetain jobs, the UK agent kept sending aan engineer out but this did not solve the problem of being unable to use the machine for more tha a few days before a breakdown again,.....were told that teething problems with waterjets is common !!! we have other machine tools that work immedaitley, is this standard ???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We had similiar experince trying to get our plasma table to cut properly. We do work for another company in Green Bay and i was told that their waterjet flooded thier building causing extensive damage. Ended with lawyers, multicam wasn't taking any responsibility for their equipments failure. does anyone know of any good independent techs ? We can't get any quality help from the factory

Downloads
    Uploads

Give me a call

Maurice
    MCP Service
    678-548-1483

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: jimcolt

so just as a heads up you can download multicam's suite 4 and a limited version of the software is available in the install.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know where I can get parts other than from the factory? I found only one other source on ebay but they cant order everything apparently its just close out stuff

Downloads
    Uploads

IMO, the best thing you can do with a less than stunning Multi-cam's operation is to swap the entire control system out for something you can rely on and also get parts off the shelf at any given moment.

Of course, I would only do that if I felt good about the hardware aspect of the machine itself. I too, many years ago had a multi-cam experience I made sure I would never ever repeat. It was on an MT22 from Hell. And the response from them was also a living hell, until we got to someone higher up. The eventually replaced the entire machine, but it took many months while they held all the money, and we had zero production.

With this MT22, not only did the control aspect fail miserably, but the design itself of the machine was pathetic. I swear the screws and bearings were used.

I would have thought they had gotten better as there was no way but up from the machine they sold us.

Research all of the currently available controls and put a new on in. I'd opt to keep the motors and drive mechanism if they are still serviceable, and just replace components from the the motor drivers all the way back to the software. If you use a decent control, you will be a much happier person.

Downloads
    Uploads

Which parts are you looking for?[

QUOTE=TodJonesMega;2122354]Does anyone know where I can get parts other than from the factory? I found only one other source on ebay but they cant order everything apparently its just close out stuff[/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone else still following this feed? I’m having issues with one of their plasmas and would like to see if I could be in contact with someone on this topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12