New Machine Build Mori Mapps IF ethernet/IP messaging

Thread: Mori Mapps IF ethernet/IP messaging

Default Mori Mapps IF ethernet/IP messaging

Has anyone ever setup any ethernet/ip messaging between the mapps frontend of a Mori 0iD,31i,or 32i controller and an AB CompactLogix PLC?
    I would like to build a more advanced interface between our external PLC and the PMC/NC. We use external PLCs typically though Mcodes or macro I/O to add hydraulic clamping, tool detection, and coolant interfacing. The more data I can exchange between the two separate systems, the better I can error proof it. My thought was that an ethernet interface between two systems is obviously much more robust and efficient that hardwired I/O.
    I know Mori currently offers Ethernet/IP robot interfaces and bar feeders, but they don't provide much info on them. I do believe from reviewing the PMC ladders that these interfaces work directly through the MAPPS front end(D parameters) and not an additional Ethernet/IP adapter board in the NC unit. Our local Mori dealer is trying to help, but I think they may be bound to only provide me limited info for safety.
    I've also acquired a bunch of info from Fanuc showing that this idea is clearly possible with additional NC hardware. Unfortunately, I would have to go through Mori to get a wild option like this quoted.
    I would like to exchange PMC alarm and tool data between the systems if possible. I am aware that potential PMC changes may be needed.

I would love to hear any feedback or previous success on this topic, as it's an idea i just can get out of my head! Also, if use of the FOCAS drivers is possible for this, i would love to hear about that too.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Mapps IF ethernet/IP messaging

Depends on the mapps panel I guess. As far as robust, direct I/o would be the way to go. Pretty sure all the mapps to Fanuc/mits was done through HSSB fiber optic, not an easy one to break in to. Mapps doesn't really "control" anything anyways, that's all done through CNC/PMC. Its just a front end that can be turned off and run without it. If its just operating conditions your looking for, I believe mapps server has some data in it, all well as the optional shop floor server package. They "Mori" should really put you in touch with Mori DTL in Davis. They design the software there.

Default Re: Mori Mapps IF ethernet/IP messaging

Thanks for the feedback underthetire. I'll look into either contacting Mori or Mapps server.
    I know I can't be the only one wanting to do this!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re: Mori Mapps IF ethernet/IP messaging

Hi jeremydgrossman,

I'm also trying the same have u succeeded??if s den please share some data how to do it..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydgrossman View Post
    Has anyone ever setup any ethernet/ip messaging between the mapps frontend of a Mori 0iD,31i,or 32i controller and an AB CompactLogix PLC?
    I would like to build a more advanced interface between our external PLC and the PMC/NC. We use external PLCs typically though Mcodes or macro I/O to add hydraulic clamping, tool detection, and coolant interfacing. The more data I can exchange between the two separate systems, the better I can error proof it. My thought was that an ethernet interface between two systems is obviously much more robust and efficient that hardwired I/O.
    I know Mori currently offers Ethernet/IP robot interfaces and bar feeders, but they don't provide much info on them. I do believe from reviewing the PMC ladders that these interfaces work directly through the MAPPS front end(D parameters) and not an additional Ethernet/IP adapter board in the NC unit. Our local Mori dealer is trying to help, but I think they may be bound to only provide me limited info for safety.
    I've also acquired a bunch of info from Fanuc showing that this idea is clearly possible with additional NC hardware. Unfortunately, I would have to go through Mori to get a wild option like this quoted.
    I would like to exchange PMC alarm and tool data between the systems if possible. I am aware that potential PMC changes may be needed.

I would love to hear any feedback or previous success on this topic, as it's an idea i just can get out of my head! Also, if use of the FOCAS drivers is possible for this, i would love to hear about that too.

Thanks,
    Jeremy
    I have done this many times from fanuc to AB processor. Compactlogix and controllogix. Never on a mori but with many others. I add the ethernet I/P adapter. Althought you will need to buy it through your distributor, if they let you..

the Oi-MD cannot do "implicit messaging" or I/P. But the Oi-MF, and all the 30iX series you can add the adapter. Its just like anything else hooking up ethernet based on the PLC side.

Another thing your NC needs an open slot..so builders dont give you any, some give you one, and use it for data server, some give you two.