Mori MV-40B Yasnac MX3 Lube/air alarm

Thread: Mori MV-40B Yasnac MX3 Lube/air alarm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori MV-40B Yasnac MX3 Lube/air alarm

Hi, I am new here and I recently purchased a 1990 MV40B with MX3 controller and upon start up I know the way lube and spindle lubes are started and pre lube and then are done with a timer after that, sometimes they do not and send error 134 lube/air alarm. I know which and where each contactors are for each luber and can push in the contact block and the lubers each work doing that but act as something did not load or start upon start up. The manual lube buttons also will not work when it doesnt lube upon startup, in the past the machine could be restarted until the lubers work and all is well, recently they are not working at all and I can not run the machine because of the alarm. If anybody has any ideas I sure would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Matt

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Matthyj View Post
    Hi, I am new here and I recently purchased a 1990 MV40B with MX3 controller and upon start up I know the way lube and spindle lubes are started and pre lube and then are done with a timer after that, sometimes they do not and send error 134 lube/air alarm. I know which and where each contactors are for each luber and can push in the contact block and the lubers each work doing that but act as something did not load or start upon start up. The manual lube buttons also will not work when it doesnt lube upon startup, in the past the machine could be restarted until the lubers work and all is well, recently they are not working at all and I can not run the machine because of the alarm. If anybody has any ideas I sure would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Matt
    There is usually a pressure or flow switch monitoring the lube cycle. When the pump starts the pressure switch input should change to a 1 after a set time, when the pump stops the pressure or flow switch should return to a 0, if switch stays at 1 or 0 an alarm will be generated. Find pressure switch and check it's function. Sometimes it's part of the pump assembly and other times the furthest point from the pump in a lube line.

Find the input in the electrical diagrams and check the plc data function or in the ladder diagram.

If the switch sticks at 1 the next cycle may not start. There may be a blockage in the lines, defective pump or switch. Check the pressure gauge which is often around 20bar (280psi).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori MV-40B Yasnac MX3 Lube/air alarm

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    There is usually a pressure or flow switch monitoring the lube cycle. When the pump starts the pressure switch input should change to a 1 after a set time, when the pump stops the pressure or flow switch should return to a 0, if switch stays at 1 or 0 an alarm will be generated. Find pressure switch and check it's function. Sometimes it's part of the pump assembly and other times the furthest point from the pump in a lube line.

Find the input in the electrical diagrams and check the plc data function or in the ladder diagram.

If the switch sticks at 1 the next cycle may not start. There may be a blockage in the lines, defective pump or switch. Check the pressure gauge which is often around 20bar (280psi).
    Thank you, I incorrectly listed the alarm as its a actual 554 alarm, I also have located the pressure switch in the spindle luber but can not find a pressure switch in the way luber, it does mention one in the manual but it appears after disassembly it could be purely mechanical with no electrical signal on the bottom of the pump? I have even replaced the relay board and still no luck. I will check tomorrow to see if my pressure switch is possibly stuck. Thanks for you help