Easy memory upgrade to SH-400 Horizontal Mill?

Thread: Easy memory upgrade to SH-400 Horizontal Mill?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Easy memory upgrade to SH-400 Horizontal Mill?

Hi everyone!

I am having an issue with memory on my SH-400 horizontal mill.

As well-known with Fanuc machines, the on-board memory is rather low. Our solution has been to run a PCMCIA -card, and transfer programs to this, and just run the programs directly from the card.

However, we would really like to transfer files directly to the machine – without having to put the card in and out of the reader all the time.

Does any of you know about any solution to quick fix this? The machine is good as gold, but this memory thing has been tricky. Most of the solutions I find online is (from what I have understood) one-way communication with a PCMCIA to Ethernet -port adapter. As in; it can only export information out from the port, and not store info on the adapter itself.

The optimal easy solution would be to have a card whose files can be manipulated and changed directly from the computer through ethernet connection.

We have considered to use tape, and just read from machine memory. But this makes it tricky to be run automatically during night shift, as the pallet change needs to function as intended - where it automatically starts the program after pallet change.

We were hoping to avoid re-soldering new and bigger memory in the machine, as this quickly gets quite expensive.

We tried a wireless SD card combined with a PCMCIA -card adapter some years ago, with no luck.

Any tips guys?

PS: Pardon the mess – we’re currently installing a new machine right next to it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Easy memory upgrade to SH-400 Horizontal Mill?

I don't know if this is of any help but check out octoprint, it uses a Raspberry Pi running a basic lynix system, this allows be to upload/download start programs, stop them and control my machines. Now keep in mind these are 3D printers however the fundamentals of this systems might be useful to you.