Need Help! Mori Accumill 4000 EX1449 error code

Thread: Mori Accumill 4000 EX1449 error code

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori Accumill 4000 EX1449 error code

When I set a sensor tool number in the register tools page, it won't let me M06, M19, or M33 in MDI mode without getting an EX1449 error code while that tool is in the spindle. Is there a setting in parameters or something that I need to change to be able to use these M-codes?

I think the Mitsubishi control originally had a MAPPS 3 that was upgraded to MAPPS 4

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Accumill 4000 EX1449 error code

Any probe routine you use or have is going to have M19 in it, so there really is no need for that one. The other two seem odd, but it won't be a parameter to fix it. It will be a Keep Relay setting if anything, as this would be a Machine Builder thing, not a Fanuc/Mitsubishi thing.

Check out your keep relay settings in you manuals and see if you can fins anything about it.

By the way... what does it say along with error EX1449?
    FYI - EX1449 would be a Mori error code, which proves my earlier point.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply gentlegiant, the machine says EX1449 '[G1102] sensoring tool on spindle'.

edit: also in the 'Coil' column of the error code manual, it says 'PER1449' not sure if that means anything or not

Downloads
    Uploads

That coil is likely just an imaginary ladder coil that turns on the error message.Your best bet is going to be either a keep relay setting or maybe a Data table setting. Need the electrical manuals for that. Not sure if that info is supplied with later model manuals or not. If anything you could try Mori Seiki Service.

I have a 97 SV50 and it lets me M6 the probe no problem. It won't let me turn on the spindle which is a very good thing. I never use M33 as it will confuse my programmable coolant nozzles.

Downloads
    Uploads

The only electrical manual I have for the machine is the electrical diagrams manual. no keep relay or data table settings in there, nor any ladder diagrams, just the schematics for the most part.

I hear you on the restriction on turning on the spindle. definitely don't want it to be able to be turned on accidentally, but I figure if I can't M19 in MDI, it won't let me do it in a probe macro either.

might try starting a thread on PM if no luck here, worst case I'll call Mori service, but would like to keep that as a last resort

Downloads
    Uploads

I think this type of situation is something Mori can answer for you over the phone. Like no charge kind of thing.

The other very simple thing you can do is don't identify your probe number. Meaning just use it like any other tool. Then it's only up to you to keep it from getting spun in the spindle.

Sounds like you're going to write your own probe cycles? Or are you using Renishaw stuff? I don't think they care if the tool is called out in some Mori setup window. My Mori has factory built tool length measurement installed and has pages for setting up both a spindle probe and a set in the machine tool setter. Like how high is it kind of thing. The Renishaw cycles don't care what it says inside the machine other then some parameter settings that have nothing to do with what you're talking about.

There are some smart probe people over at PM, but you're dealing with a Mori problem, so not sure how far that will take you.

Anyway... good luck. For the time being just don't fill in the setup blanks. You will need a tool height offset set for some routines, depending on how they're written.