Frustrated with Mori SV500 spindle unlocking on M00

Thread: Frustrated with Mori SV500 spindle unlocking on M00

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Frustrated with Mori SV500 spindle unlocking on M00

I have 2 1998 mori seiki sv500s made within a month of each other. I have a haimler taster as tool #1 for setting work offsets. I use it to adjust offsets on every part sometimes. following will be some code as an example.
    The first mill will run this fine. It stops at M00, I hit offset button, change the offset, hit the mem button, hit the green button and away we go. Tool #1 is labeled a sensor tool in the control.
    If the sensor tool rotates for any reason, it will alarm. The 1st mill locks the spindle the whole time. The second mill unlocks the spindle on M00 and then sets a sensor rotate alarm. Is there a parameter to keep the spindle locked at M00?
    The control is fanuc 18ima.

O0000
    (OP1 G54 FRONT)
    (DATE 06-03-19 TIME 10:24)
    ( T4 | 1/4 CARB 3FL LOC=1.75 | H4 )
    N5 G20
    N10 G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90
    N15 G91 G28 Z0.
    N20 G30 X0. Y0.
    N25 T1 M6
    N30 G0 G90 G54 X-2.9 Y1.0 T4
    N35 Z1.
    N40 G1 Z0. F50.
    N45 M00(SET Z ZERO)
    N50 G0 Z2.
    N55 X-1.4 Y-.5
    N60 G1 Z-.13
    N65 Y0.
    N70 M00 (SET Y ZERO)
    N75 Y-.5
    N80 G0 Z2.
    N85 X-6. Y.3
    N90 G1 Z.3
    N95 X-6.464
    N100 M00 (SET X TO -6.464)
    N105 X-6.
    N110 G0 Z2.
    N115 G91 G28 Z0.
    N120 G30 X0. Y0.
    N125 M01
    ( 1/4 CARB 3FL LOC=1.75 | TOOL - 4 | DIA. OFF. - 4 | LEN. - 4 | TOOL DIA. - .25 )
    ( CONTOUR 3 COUNTERBORES )
    N130 T4 M6
    N135 G0 G90 G54 X-5.6074 Y.8171 S2000 M3

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Frustrated with Mori SV500 spindle unlocking on M00

One of your machines must have a parameter set differently then the other. An easy thing to discover and fix yourself. If I were you I'd try this.

Get yourself a text file comparison tool. There are free ones out there online. I use one called WinMerge. It's really great and super easy to use. Just drag and drop the two text (parameter) files you want to compare onto the desktop icon and it will open and show you the files side by side and highlight all the things that are different.

So get your two text files of the machine parameters and compare them to each other. Have your parameter book handy, and explore each parameter difference by referencing what is said in the parameter manual. It will likely be obvious when you run across the offending incorrectly set parameter. If you don't have a parameter manual, every one of them can easily be found on the internet and downloaded.

I bet you'll have it figured out in less then a half hour, as it doesn't take long to run through a set a parameters. Be sure to record your changes in case your first try doesn't work.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Quarter Mile, thinking this through further I realize it's very possible that the parameter change you need is one of the ones supplied by the MTB. I'm not sure how to offload the MTB parameters, keep relays and the rest. Maybe you do. If nothing else you can still compare one machine to the other with the MTB parameter/ladder/relay book in hand.

Update: Here are some settings in my SV-50 of late 90's vintage with 18M. YOURS MAY BE DIFFERENT!

Keep Relay K2.3 - M0DEN
    1: When given an M0 command, orientation is executed without checking the distribution - complete signal.
    01: When given an M0 command, orientation is executed after checking the distribution - complete signal.

Keep Relay K3.6 - SENORT
    1: Orientation can be commanded in case of sensor tool.
    0: Orientation can not be commanded in case of sensor tool.

Keep Relay K5.1 - ORRST
    1: Spindle orientation command is not canceled by rest.
    0: Spindle orientation command is canceled by rest.

Data Table D4632.3 - ORTREL
    1: Orientation is released when tool is unclamped.
    0: Orientation is not released when tool is unclamped.

Change at your own risk!

Last edited by the_gentlegiant; 03-07-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Gentlegiant. I have compared the 2 parameter lists and I was unable to locate anything that was obvious. I've never done anything with the ladder before. I believe that's where I need to be. I have had a quick look and I haven't a clue where to start. Any suggestions for a tutorial on how to read this stuff?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi 1/4 mile,

The keep relay and data setting are in the PMC section of the machine. Hit SYSTEM / PMC / PMCPRM to get you to the right screens. FYI, the password for the ladder is normally the letter "L". You may have to go to the setting screen like you would when changing normal parameters and change the 0 to 1 to allow parameter changes. I'm sure I've changed some of these before, but also seem to remember trying to change something and having the control not allow it. You're on your own here as I'm at the limit of my knowledge about this section of the control. Whatever you do, I would make sure the NAME of the parameter matches what I wrote above more so then its actual address. (Although if I remember right, the NAME may not be present on the screen. Not sure.) You'll have to be the judge of how and what you want to change. You're working at your own risk. First I would just compare machines and see if one is set differently then the other along with what I wrote above. I hope you have a ladder book with the MTB PMC settings listed towards the rear of the manual. That would really help you to be certain of what you're doing. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Gentlegiant
    I never mentioned in the 1st post that the door unlocks at M00 as well as the spindle releasing. The door and spindle does not unlock on the other machine.
    I found the following in the electrical circuit diagram manual. D461.1 MOULK. K5.1 ORRST. However D461.1 its not showing on the control. See attached images. Is there another place in the control I'm not finding? I also found K5.1 and it is the same (0) on both machines.
    Frustrated with Mori SV500 spindle unlocking on M00-20190309_112859-jpg
    Frustrated with Mori SV500 spindle unlocking on M00-20190309_121739-jpg
    Frustrated with Mori SV500 spindle unlocking on M00-20190309_112135-jpg
    Frustrated with Mori SV500 spindle unlocking on M00-20190309_140930-jpg

Last edited by 1320feet; 03-09-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi 1/4 Mile,

Wow... I'm totally jealous of your color monitor and memory card port. I have the MSC 518 control, or something like that. My monitor is dark, monochromatic, and sad comparatively. Even your book looks to be in better shape.

I think you're in the right place, and I have also had the same problem of something showing up in the book and not being found on the screen. Very frustrating. Still you should be able to make a direct comparison across your two machines and see if one has one thing set and the other doesn't. At least in the areas that you can see.

You might want to waltz over to the PM forum and show/ask your questions there. On PM there are a couple guys that know everything there is about Fanuc, and have a good handle on Mori too. I'm also interested in finding the whereabouts of hidden Data Tables and Keep Relays. And also how to change the ones I mentioned that the machine wouldn't let me change.

Like I said earlier, I'm about at the limit of my knowledge in this part of the control.

I need to study up on if I can swap out for a color monitor!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank You Gentlegiant. You got me looking in the right area, me thinks. I have not found 1 setting between the 2 controls that differ as of yet. Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads

I broke down and talked to David at DMG Mori. He was able to resolve this within minutes. I changed parameter K461 from a 3 to a 1. Hopefully this will help the next person.20191016_110948.jpgFrustrated with Mori SV500 spindle unlocking on M00-20191016_110948-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Quarter Mile,

Congrats on fixing your problem. Can you tell me how you got to that screen? I have a few Keep Relays and Data numbers that are in my book but I can't find them on the screens. I think we spoke of that earlier. That BIN highlight makes me think these settings are converted Binary. 3 changed to 1 would mean that D461 used to be 00000011 (=3 decimal) and you changed it to 00000001 (= 1 decimal). Which according to your book changes the M00 Door Unlock action. So if you look on your D461 page, all bits 2 thru 7 are 0 and now 1-7 are 0. From that it tells me you do not have a manual pulse generator, or at least not a separate one. I've only recently figured this converted binary stuff out because of some talk on another thread about parameters. Like I've always thought. Stare at the books long enough and you'll finally figure things out.

Please let me know how you got to that screen. And I'm still super jealous of your color screen. Wonder if I can change to one.

Thanks.
    Dave

Last edited by the_gentlegiant; 11-09-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi gentle

Here is the order of the buttons I pressed.
    system
    pmc
    pmcprm
    data
    g.data
    page down several times.

I understand what your saying about the 3 meaning 00000011. Could you please help me understand how 112 relates to K0462? Which bits would be 0 or 1?
    Thanks

Howard

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Howard,

Yes it's easy. 112 = 01110000. Know how I know that? Using a decimal to binary converter found online.

Just google decimal to binary convertor and you're set. There are many to choose from. Here's a link to one I used just now.

https://www.calculator.net/binary-calculator.html

Thanks tons for the buttons. I'll check it out next time I fire up the beast. Likely in a couple days. I've been wanting to change how the machine acts for a long time.

Good luck,
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the explanation.
    I have book marked that link.

Thanks
    Howard

Downloads
    Uploads