Coolant questions, tank capacity SV400 SV500

Thread: Coolant questions, tank capacity SV400 SV500

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Coolant questions, tank capacity SV400 SV500

Ok long time lurker and i finally need specific advice or educated guess.

I recently bought a small CNC shop. everything was in shambles except 2 machines, i ended up with a nice running SV400 VMC and SL-2H lathe (yansak! FML) i am also in process of buying a SV50B.
    the SV400 runs strong and accurate so far. problem is the coolant is FUBR no filtration no skimmer just rank ass coolant. so im doing the coolant swap and have a few questions.

First Q? anyone have an idea on coolant tank capacity on the SV400 and the SV50B im trying to figure out how much i should buy, also any recommendations on coolant brand etc. im small run production, R&D, Tool and Die, and kinda job shop so material ranges from plastics, alum, stainless, inconel, toolsteel, mild etc. so wide range material.

Second Q? skimmers, filters, air stones, whats really needed to keep new coolant alive. i dont wanna drop a grand on something but if it saves me in the long run ok.

Third Q? more of statement... coolant change over process as i understand it.

1 drain and clean sump/machine: im planning on a deep clean out of machine and sump. drain, wash scrub with industrial de-greaser, we are also gonna clean every nook and cranny of the inside enclosure atc area and anywhere there seems to be the old coolant film.

2 was recommended that i spray the sump down with scrubby bubbles or similar disinfectant/ cleanser add water and run the coolant for .5 to 1 hr to disinfect/ clean all the internal coolant lines.

3 mix and add 1% coolant solution and run the coolant again for hour or so

4 drain and replace with proper coolant ratio like 8% or so? also is synthetic water emulsion/ soluble or not? best mixing practice? use RO/DI? how to use an venturi mixer with RO/DI? is a venturi mixer/ emulsifier worth it/ needed?

5 maintain coolant? been told all i really need is an aquarium air pump and stone on a timer when machine is idle. id also consider adding an inline filter but what micron and diy or buy?

lastly am i missing anything machine specific for this job?

thanks!

PS i did tons of searches and really my main question is coolant tank capacity, one thread for a fadal VMC is all i turned up.