Newbie Need Help Loading Tools - MV80, Fanuc 11M

Thread: Need Help Loading Tools - MV80, Fanuc 11M

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Need Help Loading Tools - MV80, Fanuc 11M

We just got a MV80 into the shop and put power to it. I am the one to get it running and have all of the manuals, but my experience is all on the Fadal side and a little on the Mori lathe with a Moric control. I have loaded the first program, got my fixture offset but cannot figure out what the manual is telling me to do to set the tools in the magazine and then to set the tool offset.

I get that tool 00 is the active tool and that calling tools is somewhat of a random association in the magazine depending on where the magazine is in its rotation when tools are needed. But how do I set the tool's length offset? And how do I use MDI to call up and load the tools? Is there a procedure out there that is more "English" than this Mori manual?

I assume "registering tool data" means "entering tool offsets". I cant tell if I need to do procedure one and procedure two or if they are "option 1" and "option 2". (p.155 - 160 of the MV-80 machine manual). And why would you have 40 magazines? There is only one magazine with 40 pots.

I am SO close to running this simple program, but I have no idea how to get over this one. Not even close to the Fadal from what I can tell.

Basically I'm wondering: how do you guys do it?