Problem '81 Mori Seiki MV40 with Fanuc 6M-B - ATC troubles ( and probably others ) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '81 Mori Seiki MV40 with Fanuc 6M-B - ATC troubles ( and probably others )

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: '81 Mori Seiki MV40 with Fanuc 6M-B - ATC troubles ( and probably others )

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    I dont think carusels/umbrella operate this way. none that I have ever seen. 1 goes in 1 - 6 in 6. The double arm type is random. I would think the advantage of the carousel is that you can maybe use Txx instead of T50xx.
    There's also a parameter to choose if you want to use Txx or Txxxx, PC parameter 3010-0 is: T command has four/two digits (1/0). I've got it set to Txxxx right now. I believe you can also have anything from tool number 000 to 999 with that format. My book says "A tool once used is generally not returned to its original tool pot since the memory random system is used for tool selection." Suppose I'll know for sure once it's working.

Mine is a 45/40 whatever that means. If I remember right it is an 82.
    Most of the parts I've seen a date code on put mine in late '81, they must have run screaming from the umbrella type if it all changed that quickly. Not sure what the major distinction between 40/45/50 is other than tool capacity and probably bed size and traverse limits.

Apart from the atc, have you made any chips yet? These old machines can be a pain in the rear but they are great machines to run. If they are in good shape that is I guess.
    Absolutely, haven't done much since I've got it constantly torn open though. Biggest thing so far was enlarging the hole in aluminum wheels for a larger 4x4 hub. I want to get some cutting fluid in the tank before I go at any steel though. Didn't seem to even notice the aluminum was there, cuts like butter. Made a crappy tool setter too.

Will read through that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Oh, thats a very rare very early model. Ive only seen two others in person.
    Perhaps that's why the only serial/manufacturing number I can find on it is a single digit, 5.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: '81 Mori Seiki MV40 with Fanuc 6M-B - ATC troubles ( and probably others )

And suddenly we're in business! Not entirely sure why though. Read through all the parameter info again and checked what I had set but didn't change anything, checked the tool in spindle switch and it was good, then cleared the tool info from parameters 4000, and started with nothing in the spindle this time, and it just works now, I guess?

Thanks for all the help fellas! Now I've just got to get it buttoned back up.

Downloads
    Uploads

A mv 45/40 should be a old 45 taper, they had a 35 as well. Thats at least what i remember. Serial 5 is about right, the other one i remember was ser 11.
    Nice job getting it running.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

I own a Mori Seiki MV 40 b and I am proceeding to retrofit the Fanuc Controls.

I am willing to give away the control boards and components free, just pay shipping, if you are interested.

I am located in the Caribbean, in Trinidad and Tobago.

I am however, interested in getting an electrical schematic, of the machine,specifically the spindle wiring diagram.

Can you please assist ?

Downloads
    Uploads

I will check my manual for the schematic next time I'm at the shop.

What's the game plan with the retrofit?

A pile of free spare parts sounds too good to be true; you'll have to forgive me being hesitant on that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

I bought the machine in an auction a few years ago.
    It was in a good working condition, but I had it in storage for a while.

Attempts to re-commission the machine was unsuccessful, as I did not have all the working manuals for the machine.

I did purchase replacement working parts for the machine, but in the end the z-axis continued to give trouble.

I decided to retrofit the control system, and I am using a MASSO 4 axis controller. I already have a MASSO Controller on a Hurco Mill retrofit as well as a CNC Plasma Table and they work great. Almost Plug and Play.

I intend to use the AC servomotors, with the help from PICOSYSTEMS and DMM Servomotors

I am using an encoder converter from PICOSYSTEMS along with a module from DMM Servomotors to use the encoder signal with the DMM Servomotor Controller.

I already removed the Spindle controller with a 20 hp VFD.

The problem I am encountering is with the spindle motor as it has dual windings and I would like to see an electrical diagram to configure the VFD properly.

With regard to the ATC i will try to run using a PLC.

I spoke with the manufacturers of the MASSO Controller and in the new year I will be working with them to come up with a solution for the ATC.

Initially, my thoughts was to get an output signal from the MASSO controller anytime a tool change is required.

The signal will be 5 bit, binary either 0 or 1

This way I can get a binary signal to represent each of the 20 tools on the atc.

Once the PLC gets this input hen programming the plc to perform the tool change should not be difficult.

With regard to the old Fanuc parts, The system is 10M.
    I thought about selling on ebay, butas I live in the Caribbean, and not set up as a seller on ebay, I didn't want the stress.
    Either I give them away or I throw them away as scrap.

I will prepare an inventory of the parts I have available and send it to you.

I will ship ALL the inventoried parts to you. You just pay the shipping.

Downloads
    Uploads

The manual I have for my 6M doesn't include a wiring diagram for the spindle, or any other wiring really. Only system diagrams it shows are the hydraulic and pneumatic systems. I have another document I've referenced which helped me get my machine running. PM me your email and I'll send it over.

Downloads
    Uploads

A 6m wouldn't help anyways, those didn't have the same spindle motor. I might have mv40 with 15 or 16 wiring diagrams, should be pretty close. Are your high low contactors labeled km1 and km101 or something different?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12