Mori Seiki TV-30 or 300 backup needed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mori Seiki TV-30 or 300 backup needed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Mori Seiki TV-30 or 300 backup needed

I recently purchased a Mori TV-300 drill and tap center, which was sitting around for a few years and lost its main board battery. So unfortunately it lost everything, including the parameters and the ladder. For a week now, I've been working with Mori tech support as well as some really helpful people on this forum, but I think I'm coming to a dead end fast. Basically I think I need the ladder backup from a similarly spec'ed machine. I know it's probably a long shot, but I'm desperately hoping someone on here might have access to a TV-30 with the same specs, or could put me in touch with someone that does. My machine has no APC, 20x ATC, 8k spindle, and auto lube. I think the non-APC and 20x ATC specs are particularly important because of the interlocks programmed in the ladder. Getting the backups is a fairly simple procedure which shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Please let me know if you can help. I know time is money and I'd be more than willing to pitch in for a few cases of beer.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Seiki TV-30 or 300 backup needed

Unfortunately, I don't have one for that machine, however, typically Mori only changed ladders rarely, so I would bet it is the same ladder as an APC machine, just turned off in the Mori side options. Should be a simple parameter change and it will be in the back of the ladder diagram so try to get a copy of that as well. They only made TV30s for a couple years, since the issue with brother trying to sue them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info! That's really good to know, because I have a ladder back up from a non APC machine with only the ATC as being different, 12x vs 20x. I'll try to grab the ladder diagram from Mori now.

Downloads
    Uploads

As long as its not a side mount and you have the drum, should be able to make it work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same machine(TV-300 with 20 tool changer, 8k spindle, auto-lube and no APC). I will gladly help if I can.

www.rc-monster.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks rc-monster mike. I think Mori USA may have come through. They sent me a ladder backup from a similar machine, and it looks to be working better. I've got the XYZ axes zero referenced. I think I just need to zero reference the ATC arm, but I think some interlock is preventing me from jogging it via the MPG. I have the procedure documentation from Mori, but it doesn't mention anything about releasing the interlock. Any ideas?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bob at Mori has been pretty helpful getting me taken care of whenever something pops up.
    In the ATC menu, pressing 99 and then the input button(and then "Y" input) releases the interlock. You shouldn't need to release the interlock to jog it as far as I know(I manually jog to swap tools occasionally). Basically, put the control in the handle mode, select the C axis and turn the handle.

www.rc-monster.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also, you will want to cycle through the complete rotation as well(don't park it in the middle of the cycle) - the z axis servo load goes up substantially while the drawbar is released(after the tool is pulled from the spindle until the next tool is put back in). If you pause for more than 10 seconds or so in this part of the cycle, the z axis servo will fault and shut down servo power. "Home" is determined by aligning the divots on the chassis and the tool changer flywheel(have to remove the front cover to see the alignment marks).

www.rc-monster.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mike, I just completed the ATC arm zero referencing. I know what you mean about Z axis faulting from the load mid cycle. I had to temporarily turn up parameter 2222 which is the servo overload detection level. Now, I've just got a low lube alarm, because the lube level is actually low. I still can't seem to do a tool change. I've got no tools programmed in yet, would either the low lube alarm or no tools prevent a tool change? I'm just trying a simple T2 M06; in MDI mode.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like I don't have any macro programs, aren't these needed? Mike, can I bother you for a complete backup of your machine? I think the one the Mori sent me is actually from a TV400 anyways, so it might just be better to start with a backup from the same base machine just to eliminate any variables.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The machine won't do a tool change until you:
    Home the Z axis(G28 Z0)
    Orient the spindle(M19)
    Pre-Call the tool(position tool change carousel)

So, to install tool 2:

G28 Z0 M19
    T2
    T2 M06

www.rc-monster.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have the macros set up, either - I do as stated above in the programming, though I will set up the tool change macro some day. The TV400 is essentially the same machine with a larger table as far as I know. Still, I will happily swap parameters with you.

www.rc-monster.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the parameters Mike. I loaded them up, and I also addressed the low lube alarm. There's no more alarms, yet it still wouldn't do a tool change. Then I noticed there was a stop code, T03 Block Stop 0301, which in the manual says Single Block Mode is on. So I tried pressing the cycle start button multiple times, and step by step it did the tool change! That tool change arm was scary fast, so I slowed the rapid on that sucker down. So I started digging into the ladder, and found that the Single Block mode is output Y21A in the ladder, and among the inputs is device X13B which was permanently stuck on. I then forced device X13B to a zero bit via the PLC I/F screen, and tried to run the tool change in MDI mode again. The tool change proceeded as expected without having to hit the cycle start multiple times. So now I just have to track down what device X13B is and I should be set. I don't have a wiring a diagram so I'll be reaching out to Mori to find out what it is.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's an update in case someone else runs into this with the MSC-802m control, the stuck Single Block Mode was caused by corrupt GOP memory. A fellow TV-30 owner provided the procedure to reset the memory and all was resolved.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same problem. Can you do my favour?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear all! Can Anybody help me?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by krisxone View Post
    Here's an update in case someone else runs into this with the MSC-802m control, the stuck Single Block Mode was caused by corrupt GOP memory. A fellow TV-30 owner provided the procedure to reset the memory and all was resolved.
    Hi krisxone,

I have a TV-400 with the same single block problem.
    Could you please share the GOP memory rest procedure?
    Would appreciate it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a tv-400 and am in desperate need of parameters anhyone help please?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone know how to get rid of the "Z70 ABS. Illegal 0001 1” My battery died and I lost all absolute positions. I figured out how to set X,Y and Z but still I got the "Z70 ABS. Illegal 0001 1”. My guess is the 20 tool changer that lost its zero position.
    I found loads of how to´s for adjustment of zero return positions for ATC arm, but when I select C-axis and try to use the jog wheel to rotate the tool changer arm “M01 Operation error 0106” appears in the screen and I can´t move the arm.
    The error message for “M01 Operation error 0106:
    “HNDL FD NOW (Handle feed axis No. illegal) An axis not found in the specifications was designated for handle feed or the handle feed axis was not selected.”
    Anyone knows aynting about above?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    We have similar problem but we solved the ref point of ATC on ours TV-400 with 802M (Meldas M50). But we lost the tool change program for drum ATC with 12 tools. So if anybody have tool change program please HELP... Many thanks in advance

To move the drum via handwheel u need to set Z axis in top position (ref no.2). Then u need to press and release STOP/FEEDHOLD PROGRAM and STOP SPINDLE button until u got flashing STOP/FEEDHOLD PROGRAM LAMP (now that can be the tricky part) usually i go in LADDER MONITOR and see merker M711 - ADJUST MODE ON it should be ON when u do the right combination of that two button... Then u need to set the parameter 6440 bit 2 to 1 that is to activate ATC to handweel.. If u have axis interlock signal u can set them on via PLC I/F ---- Y1BB 1 2 and Y1C3 1 2 ...
    Then when u get to moving drum via handwheel u need to go to servo ABS and do the proceudure like u did with X or Y or Z... (set drum in right position and then REG. INIT. to 1 and ORIGINE to 1 and then u move drum in - (negative direction) until u got OK on screen...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast