Mori NV5000 Z-axis linear guides

Thread: Mori NV5000 Z-axis linear guides

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori NV5000 Z-axis linear guides

anyone have any input on the replacement of the Z-axis linear guides on an NV5000? ive done X and Y before, just curious if anyone has any tips or advice.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

nobody? underthetire?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes?

Ok, never done a NV5000, in fact, never changed any guides on those. Done others though. Make a fixture to bolt the head to the table, get all covers off, then clamp down to table, unbolt ballscrew, then guide packs. Move Y axis away enough to get guides out. This way is pretty simple, shouldn't even have to disconnect any cables.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

turned out to be pretty simple. i called Ellison technologies down for help with this, when they got here they didnt have a specific procedure for the replacement of the Z-axis linear guides. we ended up doing it how i was originally thinking i would do it. first get all the covers removed and paneling out of your way. i machined an aluminum block, drilled and tapped for a 5/8"-11 bolt. we removed all the bolts from the guides except the top and bottom, loosened the ballscrew nut, then put the block with the bolt behind the head and give it a turn. this pulls the head away just enough to remove the guide. one at a time of course. remove the last 2 bolts and slide the guide out throught the top. the right side is the master and needs to be done first. there is set screws on the side that push the pad of the linear guide up against the head. this is what squares everything. after completing the job Z needs to be checked for squareness to the table. this is adjusted by the set screws on the master rail. hardest part was getting in to clean and stone the mating surfaces, all said and done i think its easier to replace the Z guides than Y. hope this helps someone.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori NV5000 Z-axis linear guides

Hello all, just stumbled upon this thread looking for information on an NV5000 I'm working on. It appears there isn't any active oiling or any way to grease the linear bearings. Is this a sealed for life system? Thanks!

2004 Mori Seiki NV5000?1B/50

Downloads
    Uploads

Just an update for anyone with the same issues. They are sealed. We will have to replace the rails and bearings. Such a huge flaw for such a strong machine.

Any recommendations on someone who could do that for me? I'm located in the SF Bay Area. Everything else about the machine is great.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same issue if you are purchasing rails and blocks,could you tell me the brand and part number. The preload has to be selected as does the accuracy.
    I would like to know the correct selection. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Deciding whether or not its worth the work to rebuild. I remember they are THK SHS linear guides with the QZ lubricator. From Mori both linear guides with rails are 4-5k each. Are you doing this yourself?