Pallet Changer Not Working

Thread: Pallet Changer Not Working

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Pallet Changer Not Working

NEED HELP
    Working with a Mori Seiki DMG 4000.
    The pallet changer is not responding to any APC manual commands.
    When a command is input and the "execute" soft-key is pressed, the command just flashes in the action column and nothing changes on the current status column.
    I have checked to make sure all doors are closed and interlocked, and I can't seem to find what the issue is coming from.
    Please let me know what else I should check or what I should do to fix this issue.
    Also, let me know if more information is needed.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you resolved this issue yet? I have a Mori Seiki
    SH-403. It sat for about a month and when the operator went to do a pallet change, it timed out. He shut the machine down in this state and now everytime the machine is turned on it just lifts the pallets up and stays there. I've went into the settings page and tried to put APC arm down but it just flashes. I can rotate table but can't get it to go down. Anybody help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pallet Changer Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by camdb View Post
    NEED HELP
    Working with a Mori Seiki DMG 4000.
    The pallet changer is not responding to any APC manual commands.
    When a command is input and the "execute" soft-key is pressed, the command just flashes in the action column and nothing changes on the current status column.
    I have checked to make sure all doors are closed and interlocked, and I can't seem to find what the issue is coming from.
    Please let me know what else I should check or what I should do to fix this issue.
    Also, let me know if more information is needed.
    Is the pallet working under MDI mode?

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

The pallet was not working under MDI mode previously. For some reason it is working now. There was a code given to me by Mori Seiki Support that was to be input into the input bar before entering the manual mode. Code '98' removes any of the interlocks that would be blocking you from manual operation of the APC. Code '99' removes any of the interlocks that would be blocking you from manual operation of the ATC. Currently my problem is resolved.

Downloads
    Uploads

98 is bypassing the machine interlocks. If you use this, there won't be any safety limits to keep the APC from doing some kind of damage. Make sure everything is clear. It will even swing with the door open.