Need Help! SL403 turret homing

Thread: SL403 turret homing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SL403 turret homing

We have a Mori SL403 with live tooling. One WTO (live tooling) units appeared to have frozen. We were getting a 9031 spindle 2 alarm. Tech removed the WTO and was able to retract the live tooling drive unit. The WTO actually would move by hand and the WTO drive unit would move by hand. I don't know if the belt was verified to be in good condition. At this point we are not able to index the turret because of a 'turret need zeroing' alarm. Unfortunately, I have not had time to look at the machine and the above description is what the other tech's are telling me what is happening. We have a 'zero position' procedure for our old DL15's, however, it is not working out the same. The turret will not unclamp to allow the mpg to move the turret. This SL403 does have the MAPPs control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SL-403 Turret Zero Return

1) Go into "Field Adjustment". Hold down "Feed Hold" button while turning Panel Edit key On (all the way to right) then back to middle position.
    2) Push "Setting" key.
    3) Type "95" then push "Input" key.
    4) Make sure you are in the "D" parameters. If not, push soft key for "D".
    5) Change "D" parameter 148.5 and 149.6 to 1 to enter "Turret Adjustment" mode.
    6) You can now use the turret + and - keys to clamp/unclamp turret. + for unclamp, -for clamp. You should be able to hear turret unclamp/clamp.
    7) Now use selector switch for the axis' to select "T" axis (may be X2 axis). It should be flashing. Make sure turret is unclamped and rotate using MPG to tool position 1. Clamp and unclamp to check for smooth operation. If you need to, use an indicator in tool pocket.
    8) After tool position 1 is established and turret is clamped, turn PWE on and toggle 1815.4 for turret from 1 to 0 then 1 again (Should be the 3rd axis). It will ask you to power off after you change it to 0, but don't. Go back and change to 1, then power off.
    9) Power back on, perform a turret index. It should be fine then. Now you can check for a damaged belt or a damaged speed sensor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Turret need Zero

I don't think that is the alarm type for needing a full Zero return, using the procedure below. I think you just need to manually index the turret around, try MDI as well. It would show a Fanuc typ alarm (axis 1,2,3,4) need zero return. Not turret need zero return. But then, I'm usually wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jaherrera3499 View Post
    1) Go into "Field Adjustment". Hold down "Feed Hold" button while turning Panel Edit key On (all the way to right) then back to middle position.
    2) Push "Setting" key.
    3) Type "95" then push "Input" key.
    4) Make sure you are in the "D" parameters. If not, push soft key for "D".
    5) Change "D" parameter 148.5 and 149.6 to 1 to enter "Turret Adjustment" mode.
    6) You can now use the turret + and - keys to clamp/unclamp turret. + for unclamp, -for clamp. You should be able to hear turret unclamp/clamp.
    7) Now use selector switch for the axis' to select "T" axis (may be X2 axis). It should be flashing. Make sure turret is unclamped and rotate using MPG to tool position 1. Clamp and unclamp to check for smooth operation. If you need to, use an indicator in tool pocket.
    8) After tool position 1 is established and turret is clamped, turn PWE on and toggle 1815.4 for turret from 1 to 0 then 1 again (Should be the 3rd axis). It will ask you to power off after you change it to 0, but don't. Go back and change to 1, then power off.
    9) Power back on, perform a turret index. It should be fine then. Now you can check for a damaged belt or a damaged speed sensor.

How do I go to “field adjustment” and what exactly am I pressing for the “fees hold” button

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SL403 turret homing

you get to "field adjustment mode" by entering the "secret code" ie; hold down Feed hold button and switch the switch back and forth, just like he says. I thought it was three times though.