Newbie: "411 servo alarm: 5 axis excess err" HELP

Thread: Newbie: "411 servo alarm: 5 axis excess err" HELP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie: "411 servo alarm: 5 axis excess err" HELP

I have a mori seiki SL250BSMC lathe. I tried using a live tool for the first time. It worked just fine with the manual controls available. (no programed movement was used). Recalling the events as follows. I brought the RPM up to about 2000 and felt confident things were working fine. Got interrupted in my work and left the machine. Turned off the spindle. Came back and tried rotating the turret position. It did not move. The error code was "411 servo alarm: 5 axis excess err". Not sure what I did wrong that may have effected the problem. I realized that I did not move control back to the main spindle before I tried rotating the turret. Not sure that is related. I then removed the tool from the turret. Restarted the machine. The turret moves just fine (the live tool is still removed). I then remounted the tool in the turret and have the same problem. Can anyone tell me what trouble shooting I could perform? Are there parameters that need to be reset?
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shutterguy View Post
    I have a mori seiki SL250BSMC lathe. I tried using a live tool for the first time. It worked just fine with the manual controls available. (no programed movement was used). Recalling the events as follows. I brought the RPM up to about 2000 and felt confident things were working fine. Got interrupted in my work and left the machine. Turned off the spindle. Came back and tried rotating the turret position. It did not move. The error code was "411 servo alarm: 5 axis excess err". Not sure what I did wrong that may have effected the problem. I realized that I did not move control back to the main spindle before I tried rotating the turret. Not sure that is related. I then removed the tool from the turret. Restarted the machine. The turret moves just fine (the live tool is still removed). I then remounted the tool in the turret and have the same problem. Can anyone tell me what trouble shooting I could perform? Are there parameters that need to be reset?
    Thanks.
    Could be the turret is jammed up, try removing the live tooling and index again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie: "411 servo alarm: 5 axis excess err" HELP

Did you go to your Rotary Tool Designate page (Custom/Rotary Tool) and change/set the turret position of the live tool from Turning to Z?

It sort of sounds like the drive tab on the Live Tool didn't orient itself before rotating the Turret.Though you'd think all that would be protected in the Ladder. I wonder if the Rotary Tool is not set on the page mentioned if the Ladder would handle it regardless? I've never tried it on my SL200SMC with a Live Tool not set on the Rotary Page.

I think axis 5 is the Turret Rotation Servo. Don't have my books at home to double check whether it's Turret Rotation or Live Tool Drive.

When you remounted the Live Tool was the Turret in the work position for that tool, or a couple spots up? If in the work position, was the tab set perfectly vertical, or did you have to rotate it to some other angle to get it to engage with the drive notch?