Mori Seiki SL-1 w/ Yasnac 2000GII screen issue

Thread: Mori Seiki SL-1 w/ Yasnac 2000GII screen issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori Seiki SL-1 w/ Yasnac 2000GII screen issue

Hi all, I have an old Mori SL-1 with a Yasnac 2000GII control. The CRT screen has been going out for years and is finally un-readable. I thought it was the monitor and recently bought a replacement. Got it, installed it and same issue. Called the seller and they said it's not the screen it's the video card that's the problem. I thought I knew which was the video card and I happened to have a spare so swapped it and same issue. Sent them a pic of the card and they said that that's not the video card that is the display card and the video card may be part of the main control.

So first off can someone tell me what the video card looks like or post up a pic of it so I know what I'm looking for?

or are these guys just blowing smoke?

Second, has anyone made a retrofit kit to just swap the whole screen assembly to an LCD or something like that?

It's a great machine that's never given us many problems other than the screen.

Thanks for any help.