Need Help! Mori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta

Thread: Mori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta

I have an old SL3 which I bought along time ago 3rd hand and have never been able to down load programs from a PC with RS323 cable. I also have a Yamazaki with a 6Ta control and this machine uploads and down loads no problem, I have even swapped control boards and the Mori still wont send or receive, it has a box attached with inputs with Call, Wait, Ready I take it its a BTR with 3 RS232 sockets the only name on it is LA.425 I have photos

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta-btr1-1-jpg   Mori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta-btr2-jpg   Mori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta-btr3-2-jpg  
    BR

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta

Quote Originally Posted by bbrreid View Post
    I have an old SL3 which I bought along time ago 3rd hand and have never been able to down load programs from a PC with RS323 cable. I also have a Yamazaki with a 6Ta control and this machine uploads and down loads no problem, I have even swapped control boards and the Mori still wont send or receive, it has a box attached with inputs with Call, Wait, Ready I take it its a BTR with 3 RS232 sockets the only name on it is LA.425 I have photos

Thanks in advance if anyone can help
    Does your machine have a "Tape Reader"?
    Did you swapp the CRTC PUNCHER PCB?This card is located to the left of the Bubble Memory PCB.
    Regards
    AlexFanuc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alexfanuc View Post
    Does your machine have a "Tape Reader"?
    Did you swapp the CRTC PUNCHER PCB?This card is located to the left of the Bubble Memory PCB.
    Regards
    AlexFanuc
    Hi Alex, thank you for the reply, yes to both questions, I remember I read somewhere that the old Mori lathes would only send but not receive programs.
    I am trying to identify the box on the photos which was fixed to the back of the machine. The machine belonged to a Dundee company Pacson Valves but I dont think there is anyone still working there that would remember the machine

BR

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Alex, thank you for the reply, yes to both questions, I remember I read somewhere that the old Mori lathes would only send but not receive programs.
    I am trying to identify the box on the photos which was fixed to the back of the machine. The machine belonged to a Dundee company Pacson Valves but I dont think there is anyone still working there that would remember the machine
    Tape reader has three sets. You must play a little bit with that.
    Edit mode , program key switch to off, no alarms in the machine , program display, and you should be able to upload programs into the machine.
    The settings for the RS232 port are located in the CrtC Puncher PCB (jumpers). Usually you use speed 4800, stop bits 2, parity even.
    Can you tell me the value of parameters 0 thru 6?
    Regards
    AlexFanuc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Alex

0) 10101010
    1) 01101101
    2) 10100010
    3) 10101000
    4) 00000000
    5) 00000000
    6) 11010001

Regards
    Brian

BR

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Alex

0) 10101010
    1) 01101101
    2) 10100010
    3) 10101000
    4) 00000000
    5) 00000000
    6) 11010001

Regards
    Brian
    Parameter 24 bit 0 must be 1
    parameter 25 = 11101111
    parameter 26 bit 7 must be zero

SETTING PAGE:
    PUNCH CODE =1
    INPUT DEVICE 1 = 0
    INPUT DEVICE 2 = 1
    regards

AlexFanuc

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much Alex, I will check this out this weekend

Regards
    Brian

BR

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Alex,

I have another machine (Yamazaki) with a 6Ta control which does upload and download without any problems so I swapped circuit boards and when I powered up the Mori I got a 600 fault code =Transfer error of MDI data or DI/DO data. With the Mori board connected in the Yamazaki I had the same problem as before it would upload to the PC only
    I have the parameters for the Mori attached and photos of the two boards, the Mori board has the extra IC's PARAMETERS MORI.txtMori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta-mori-jpgMori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta-yamazaki-jpg

BR

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Alex,

I have another machine (Yamazaki) with a 6Ta control which does upload and download without any problems so I swapped circuit boards and when I powered up the Mori I got a 600 fault code =Transfer error of MDI data or DI/DO data. With the Mori board connected in the Yamazaki I had the same problem as before it would upload to the PC only
    I have the parameters for the Mori attached and photos of the two boards, the Mori board has the extra IC's PARAMETERS MORI.txtMori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta-mori-jpgMori Seiki SL3 Fanuc 6Ta-yamazaki-jpg
    You are taking away the pcb with the software (ROM) You cannot swapp the boards.
    Regards
    AlexFanuc

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your reply Alex,

Regards
    Brian

BR