Need Help DNC( drip feed) to MSG-501

Thread: Need Help DNC( drip feed) to MSG-501

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help DNC( drip feed) to MSG-501

I know this has been talked about before but I still can't get it. I have a Mori ZT1500y 2005 with the MSG-501 control (fanuc 18). I would like to use programs lager than the memory. I have read about access to the other memory areas of the control, but MAPPS doesn't allow the choices that are referred to in the posts. I would even use the PCIMCIA memory card if I could.

I would rather not return to RS232 to drip feed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help DNC( drip feed) to MSG-501

I'm sure Fanuc could sell you all the memory and memory access you could ever want. Doubt you're going to figure out how to get it for free. Especially on a newer-ish control.

Downloads
    Uploads

Not the case, Fanuc WILL NOT sell me memory because it is a Mori. Mori has yet to respond to my RFQ plus the memory max is 1024K. What is with that?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gen2 View Post
    I would rather not return to RS232 to drip feed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ...yes, but what was the problem with Drip feeding your machine? ....what Baud rate were you using?

Is this your Controller (Fanuc 18)? https://desk.zoho.com/portal/factory...ation-document

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah sorry gen2. For an older Fanuc 1024k is actually a lot of memory. My 97 OMC maxes out at 128k. Didn't know Mori had the control over Fanuc memory. Should be a way to use the card. I have a 2000 Mori lathe with 18i and a card reader. Never dug into drip feeding it off the card. You might find that info in a 18i Fanuc manual. Thinking Mori wouldn't have complete control over that. Other then perhaps having to flip some keep relay or gulp... pay for a parameter change.