Need Help! Bar Feed Macro Program for Mori

Thread: Bar Feed Macro Program for Mori

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bar Feed Macro Program for Mori

Hello all...

I recently installed a LNS quick servo bar feed on my Mori ZL-150S. I am knew to bar feed jobs and macro programming as well. I know there are hundreds of posts about bar feed macros on here, but I can't seem to find one that fits my scenario. Plus understanding the Macros is a challenge for a newby. what I am trying to do after the sub spindle finisheds the 12th part is load a new bar and start another program loop. Basically the LNS loads the bar into the top-cut position, and after that the lathe makes 12 parts from the loaded bar. The lathe does it's own bar pull and part off with the sub spindle. I would like the program to loop 12 times and then call up a bar load with an M70. After the LNS loads the new bar start a new loop. The top-cut routine only runs once at the beginning of the main program.

Any sample programs would be greatly appreciated.

Blake

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bar Feed Macro Program for Mori

you may be able to program in a work counter that uses an IF/GOTO to jump it to a sequence to make the bar loader push after the 12th part. THen the loader will hit the end of bar position and automatically go in to a new bar load sequence. for instance

(End of Part 12)

iIF V1=12 GOTO666

N666
    (push bar)

Or how most people run loaders is they use the loader to push the bar to a bump stop every new part and when it hit the end of bar position it automatically lads a new bar. This way it doesn't matter if you have the same length bars every time either.

Downloads
    Uploads

Since your using a sub to pull material, the LNS should be set for bar check. It should count the chuck open/close and then you set it to check every Xx parts, once the LNS detects short bar, it should auto re-load, triggering usually a block skip or block skip 2 to tell the machine to top cut program. Obviously macros can work the same way, however this functionality is built in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Since your using a sub to pull material, the LNS should be set for bar check. It should count the chuck open/close and then you set it to check every Xx parts, once the LNS detects short bar, it should auto re-load, triggering usually a block skip or block skip 2 to tell the machine to top cut program. Obviously macros can work the same way, however this functionality is built in.
    Actually that’s exactly how I got it set up now. After doing some research in the manual I discovered some sample programs that showed the /2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk