Moriseiki SL 7 - G99 (feed per rev) not working

Thread: Moriseiki SL 7 - G99 (feed per rev) not working

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Moriseiki SL 7 - G99 (feed per rev) not working

Hi
    I have Mori Seiki SL 7 lathe with Fanuc 6T - B control. In this machine, feed rate in mm / min ( G98) is working. But, feed rate with mm / revolution (G99) not working. All the parameters are found ok as original values. Can anybody help to solve this problem ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Moriseiki SL 7 - G99 (feed per rev) not working

Do you have actual spindle speed displayed on the screen that matches the programmed speed?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    Do you have actual spindle speed displayed on the screen that matches the programmed speed?
    Thanks for your reply. I have to check whether rpm is shown in the screen or not. But, when G99 is given, it does not move and also no alarm message. G98 is working. In this machine, reference is done using G code in MDI or program mode. Reference not working in reference return mode in the selector switch. This switch problem is not yet solved.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rajappa View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I have to check whether rpm is shown in the screen or not. But, when G99 is given, it does not move and also no alarm message. G98 is working. In this machine, reference is done using G code in MDI or program mode. Reference not working in reference return mode in the selector switch. This switch problem is not yet solved.
    Hi,
    RPM values are showing in the screen. Still, G99 is not working. This control has got parameters upto number 400. There are also pc parameters from 1001 to 1010 and 3001 to 3002. How to view data for these parameters and modify if necessary. Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Mr generaldisarray,

You have rightly pointed about actual spindle speed display. Actual spindle speed (SACT) is not displayed while spindle rotates. Only under SMAX , it is displayed. This shows, spindle position coder or its cable defective.The position coder is Tamagawa Seiki make. Since its type no is partially erased , there is difficulty in buying. Can anybody give actual type ? Also, is there any other cause for this problem ? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I dont think it is a special type of encoder. I think I have seen the same encoder type used on the axes and spindle before, on some machines.

I would check the encoder with a scope end see if it is working first.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Type No shown in nameplate is TS1508N. But, according to the agent, two more digits at the end should be there. Other details are 1024 counts per rev, 5V dc, radial load 1 kg, axial load 1kg, A86L-0026-0001 #101. Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    I dont think it is a special type of encoder. I think I have seen the same encoder type used on the axes and spindle before, on some machines.

I would check the encoder with a scope end see if it is working first.
    Encoder type no is found as TS1508N66. Ii was found defective and replaced with type TS1508N76 which is equivalent. Now, G99 is functioning ok. But, the machine is functioning erratically with G71. In X axis it drops down fully instead of incremental drop. This machine has been down for quite some time.This problem is nothing to with encoder and it was there earlier. I will start a new thread for this. Thanks.[/SIZE]