Need Help! emg alarm

Thread: emg alarm

Downloads
    Uploads

Post emg alarm

Please help me how to solve this problem.

two days before our machine start to show emg alarm. still i could not find what is the problem there? please tell me your advise...
    we check all relays and fuses, some power lines.. we dont understand what happening there...
    no any reaction there. while machine switch on, just only show emg alrm

waiting for your reply thanks.
    asfar
    Sri Lanka

Similar Threads:

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

it can be 1000 things.
    did it happen while the machine was running in auto or at the start of a new day when powered on?
    which machine?
    which control?

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for your reply,

actually it happend at the start of new day ( not in auto run). it is fanuc control and Mori seiki sl 35 model cnc lathe machine

Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    it can be 1000 things.
    did it happen while the machine was running in auto or at the start of a new day when powered on?
    which machine?
    which control?

Downloads
    Uploads

Could be overtraveled, could be someone hit the estop button on the chip conveyor emptying the chip bucket, could be a power supply. Is it a flashing emg or solid emg on the screen?

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks too
    I think it is a solid emg..
    no any alarm message in the crt scree, but emg only show. Hydrolic unit working okay.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Could be overtraveled, could be someone hit the estop button on the chip conveyor emptying the chip bucket, could be a power supply. Is it a flashing emg or solid emg on the screen?

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

try checking the bank of 24v relays next to the yellow control boxes or the 24 volt input. its some kind of power-related fault because the control can't diagnose the error (no alarm). We've had the exact same fault on our Moris a few times and it was fixed pretty quickly. I don't know the solution though, our Fanuc repair people are very secretive. obviously they want to protect their income

Downloads
    Uploads

A solid EMG means either a pushbutton, or travel limit. This indicates a break in the Estop chain. Can also be caused by incorrect parameter settings on the PMC side.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

it happened on our Moris exactly the same way, power on at the start of the day. he said the same thing so its assumed the machine was working the previous day when powered off. meaning nothing was touched or moved so it cant be a pushbutton or limit switch or a changed parameter. it seems to be a fairly common fault on older Moris at least. there are a few other posts on this forum with the same EMG fault

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for your comments, still my emg problem is not solve, tomorow i will share with more information regarding the matter. I wish you would help me furhter more..
    regards
    asfar

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

check your interlock module,
    check your limits switch over travel,
    check your magnetic contactor for ready on machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

check for fuse for the manual control,and the relays,this happen also in our fanuc,we just check the fuse for control panel hope it will help a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: emg alarm

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    A solid EMG means either a pushbutton, or travel limit. This indicates a break in the Estop chain. Can also be caused by incorrect parameter settings on the PMC side.
    May i know the Parameter for these

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by karthk View Post
    May i know the Parameter for these
    It's not one parameter. It could be a keep relay, pmc timer, or d data bit, and all are machine specific.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!!!
    I have a similar problem with a Nakamura Tome TMC-12 Control Series 21-T, this machine was working well, until a technician came to check a vibration in the Z axis servo, apparently it loaded parameters and the machine did not return to work, I have a backup of the machine parameters, I reloaded them, no alarm comes out, but it is in EMG state, I can navigate the menus, but nothing else works (spindle, hydraulic system, turret , move the axes).
    Hopefully someone can help me, best regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!!!
    I have a similar problem with a Nakamura Tome TMC-12 Control Series 21-T, this machine was working well, until a technician came to check a vibration in the Z axis servo, apparently it loaded parameters and the machine did not return to work, I have a backup of the machine parameters, I reloaded them, no alarm comes out, but it is in EMG state, I can navigate the menus, but nothing else works (spindle, hydraulic system, turret , move the axes).
    Hopefully someone can help me, best regards.