Newbie DOOR INTERLOCK

Thread: DOOR INTERLOCK

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DOOR INTERLOCK

How do you swithch off door interlock on MORI CL 203 WITH MSG 803 CONTROL PANEL. Evertime I time I start machine wants me to close and open door. On haas there is an option you can select to run with door open. Is there one on a MORI AND WHERE. RED LIGHT KEEPS BLINKING ON SWITCH ON UPPER LEFT. WHEN I TURN IT TO THE LEFT I GET An ALARM SAYING IM RUNNING IN UNSAFE MODE, WHEN I TRY TO RUN A PROGRAM "NO GO " HELLLLLLPPP"

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by gtrrpa; 04-16-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gtrrpa View Post
    How do you swithch off door interlock on MORI CL 203 WITH MSG 803 CONTROL PANEL. Evertime I time I start machine wants me to close and open door. On haas there is an option you can select to run with door open. Is there one on a MORI AND WHERE. RED LIGHT KEEPS BLINKING ON SWITCH ON UPPER LEFT. WHEN I TURN IT TO THE LEFT I GET An ALARM SAYING IM RUNNING IN UNSAFE MODE, WHEN I TRY TO RUN A PROGRAM "NO GO " HELLLLLLPPP"
    I am not directly familiar with your particular machine, but on the Mori's I work on (NL and NZ) you CAN single block through a program with the door open and the key to the right. Speaking for myself, I don't know why you would want to "run" a program with the door open .....not only dangerous but really wet

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Understood

Quote Originally Posted by xenginebuilder View Post
    I am not directly familiar with your particular machine, but on the Mori's I work on (NL and NZ) you CAN single block through a program with the door open and the key to the right. Speaking for myself, I don't know why you would want to "run" a program with the door open .....not only dangerous but really wet
    I understand what your saying but sometimes on 1st run after using single block I run the the program with door closed and light is still blinking red with door closed ? Does it have something to do with the switch or does it constantly blink on Mori's. Does yours stop blinking with door closed?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I understand what your saying but sometimes on 1st run after using single block I run the the program with door closed and light is still blinking red with door closed ? Does it have something to do with the switch or does it constantly blink on Mori's. Does yours stop blinking with door closed?
    As long as the key is to the right, the light blinks and there is a warning beep. On my NL, during a repetitive production run where you are removing a done part and inserting a slug for instance, I used to turn it to the normal position which turns off the red light and warning beep. The problems is you can't manually jog or do anything with the door open in that situation, so for situations where you need to move things around or change tools, the key needs to be turned to the right. On the NZ I work with now, the job is 3 shifts 24 hours 6 days, and in 10 months that key has never moved from the right position since tool and insert changes are almost constant. With all the noise in this shop you can't hear the beep. As far as I know, that key has been in that override position since the machine was delivered 4 years ago.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by xenginebuilder View Post
    As long as the key is to the right, the light blinks and there is a warning beep. On my NL, during a repetitive production run where you are removing a done part and inserting a slug for instance, I used to turn it to the normal position which turns off the red light and warning beep. The problems is you can't manually jog or do anything with the door open in that situation, so for situations where you need to move things around or change tools, the key needs to be turned to the right. On the NZ I work with now, the job is 3 shifts 24 hours 6 days, and in 10 months that key has never moved from the right position since tool and insert changes are almost constant. With all the noise in this shop you can't hear the beep. As far as I know, that key has been in that override position since the machine was delivered 4 years ago.
    Thank You Sooooo Much
    I have another question for you since it sounds like you know Mori's.I loaded Hardinge's Deep Drilling Macro which is named O9136.Machine wont run it.Is there a parameter or I should ask what parameter unlocks the macros?The machine IS capable of running macros, there is one in the library named O9103.When I left Friday I noticed a soft key labeled MACROS and pressed it and there were numbers labeled I believe 100-115.Are those numbers you have to name your Macros or what are they.Macros in there names meaning O9100 thru O9115 ? Thank You so much for your help, but 2 weeks is along time to wait for a manual........Thanks again

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I loaded Hardinge's Deep Drilling Macro which is named O9136.Machine wont run it......
    I'm sorry, I can't help you with macros. Had some help once a few years ago to create one to do a special task, but ended up just writing some g-code and a couple of sub programs to take care of it. I don't know to what extent your control has for conversational, but I used to combine a lot of conversational generated "boilerplate" code for doing roughing and other repetitive tasks, with sections of hand written code inserted for ops that the conversational did not do or do well. The drilling ops were easy to specify in the conversational mode for turn drill or live drilling, you might generate one just to see the syntax of the output. Your Mori may already have it's own macro for this task built in.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can not disable Mori door interlocks, at least on newer machines. Some of the 90's machines had the parameters to disable the door interlocks, but they were in the ladder and said something like don't change this parameter. They were also double parameters, so you would need the passcode to change them. As far as a hardinge Macro running in the CL, yours has a Mitsubishi control. If it's an old touch screen one, the format is different.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Rapid Tap

Thanks for your help, Have you heard anything about Rigid Tapping on a Mori Seiki. Boss has some parts that he wants to thread roll. He used a Thread Roll die last run using G32, but someone had told him that supposedly there was a RIGID TAP for this type of operation? Thanks for your help in advance !

Downloads
    Uploads

Only lathes with live tooling have rigid tap.