Mori Seiki Service?

Thread: Mori Seiki Service?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori Seiki Service?

I am looking at buying some Mori's. I have always heard good things about their quality, etc.

We are now mostly an Okuma shop though.

My concern is service. What have other people experiences been?

I can have the best machine here, but when I need service, time can mean a lot in a production environment.

Anything anyone can recomend on Mori's good, bad, etc would be helpful.

BTW, these will be lathe's.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That probably depends on the area you are located in. As with anything else, there are good distributors (as far as service goes) and not so good. I work in a large plant in the Southeast U.S. and we have dozens of Mori lathes. The service is not very good but the machines hardly ever need any work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mori is good but why change from Okuma? I always found them the best. Lathes anyway, never ran the mills.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Couple reasons considering outside Okuma and over last 5 years I have bought several Okuma's.

Right now there delivery times are ~6months +.
    Sales guy I had left the local dist. in conjunction they have gone downhill quickly. Not due to his leaving, I think was just a sign.

On the last call to Okuma service I called a couple days ahead, telling them I was moving couple machines, needed someone in.

They call me the morning I need them and cancel. Not good when you have 2 machines, 2 operators standing around talking to themselves with nothing to do.

I have always heard good things about Mori's quality, etc.

I can't say I have been unhappy with Okuma's, I think they are great. Are they the best out there, probably not. Are they good yes. Does Okuma soak you for their parts like most people, heck ya.

2nd and probably just as important reason is I am looking at doing some grinding of oval shaped profiles on the lathe. Mori has a grinding option they can add, other manufactures have been trying to figure out how to use live tooling, etc.

I am also looking at Nakamora Toma if anybody has any input, etc I appreciate it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i would not touch a morri seiki,
    we have 4 okuma lathes and 1 okuma mill(oldest 5 years and only ever blown 1 power supply)
    and i mean we mass produce parts 24 hours/5 days,they don't get switched off untill 4 am sat morning.
    the oldest is still as quiet as the day we got it,and there is not a spek of paint left inside the machine.
    i swear by okuma .
    i have heard bad things about morri,like major breakdowns and lengthy waits for the repairs.
    though i have heard worse things about gildermister and the seimens 840d control is a heap of junk.
    the newer E control on the okuma's is great,far more user friendly and heaps faster,though the control boot up time is a disgrace.
    i would wait the six months and stick with the best.

if you want a tip on moving okuma's(i have done this may times with no problems what so ever)these are LB300 machines

required at least 2.5 tonne forklift,and 4 inhouse made plastic feet nylon or polyprop(100mm od 30mm thick with a recess in the top at about 30mmx 4mm deep)
    lift 1 end of machine with forktines and remove cast feet and replace with plastic feet,do the same with the other end of the machine)
    then carfully place tines on the lowest possible position on the machine base and push with fork(once it budges it really glides like its on ice)you can also use a watered down degreaser on the floor around the plastic feet as a slip ajent.if you want you can use a thick piece of plywood between the casting and the base as a dampener.
    if you need to turn the machine hookup a hauling chain on the massive hooks with the M20 cap screws and pull the machine.
    once machine is positioned replace plastic feet with the cast ones.
    we have unloaded and positioned many cnc's with forklifts and never had any probs.
    cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Manual & electrical schematics for a AL-2 Mori

has a Yaznac MX1 controller

serial number 0700

John Burke

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mori Seiki Service?

good morning.. someone has the Mori SL-2B parameters set ?? batery down and perameters loose !!! Thanks in advance !!!