Mori Seiki 2500 Y MSX 850 III transfer data

Thread: Mori Seiki 2500 Y MSX 850 III transfer data

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mori Seiki 2500 Y MSX 850 III transfer data

We have a Mori Seiki 2500 Y with MSX 850 III and we would like to transfer data from network cable or RS232 cable or USB drive into the hard drive of the controller. Any instructions on how to do this will be apprecaited.

Thank you in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

no hard drive that I know of, should still just be a memory card. Now, USB is simple, just go to setting and change the communication device to USB. It's all in the books how to do it. The latest control has the manuals built in..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by beyegladcnc View Post
    We have a Mori Seiki 2500 Y with MSX 850 III and we would like to transfer data from network cable or RS232 cable or USB drive into the hard drive of the controller. Any instructions on how to do this will be apprecaited.

Thank you in advance
    Press the "Setting" hard key
    Select "Communications" setting. I think its 64.
    Use arrow key to highlight what I/O device you want to use.
    Press the "Set" soft key.

The CAPS side does have a user area that has more memory than the NC side. The only thing is that the program needs to be created using CAPS to store it on that side of CNC.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Not true about larger memory.

I'd have to review my notes, but the tape side of the memory can run a program not made in CAPS. however CAPS output is stored there.
    I did several megabit+ 3d programs made in Mastercam this way. you are limited by no edit function.

Downloads
    Uploads

The "hard drive" as you explain it is the 50mb user area. The limitation is the ability to edit a 10mb program (yes, 10MB) and you can't run macro variables or jump statements in the program.

To use this, press the setting key, type 64 for communication parameters, set it up for usb memory (or rs232, network etc) and hit set. if you are uploading/downloading from a host computer why not set up an RJ45 connection into the NET connection in the electrical cabinet and use the Mori-Server software that comes free with the machine?

Anyway, to use the user area, go back to the setting hard key, press #5 and set the Tape mode to MAPPS-DNC, press set. Now, press the Tape key (otherwise known as DNC on some machines) and then press the program list button. you'll see your I/O device in the lower corner of the screen and the program screen will look different than the NC memory screen (plus you'll have your program number in purple). you can up/download your programs here. If you select a program and hit input itll pull it up on the screen just as you would see an NC memory program (aside from the fact that you're in tape mode)

if you would like to use NC memory and user area memory at the same time, press the setting key, type 61 (i think) and look for a setting that asks for M198 from memory card or user area, select user area. Now you can run your NC program (from memory mode) and link to a DNC program using M198P___.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by the thrill View Post
    why not set up an RJ45 connection into the NET connection in the electrical cabinet and use the Mori-Server software that comes free with the machine?
    anyone know about this Mori-Server software? I am trying to do as this user suggested and setting up an Ethernet connection but I cannot get my ftp software to work... so it seems this "Mori-Server software" may be the answer but these machines are over 10 years old so God only knows if we ever received this "free" server software and if so, where it is... is it available for download anywhere? I have tried to find it on the Internet but so far have been unable to.

Gary

-making chips since '78
    -C, Pascal, Assembler, G-Code, Post Processor

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe. I'll see what I can dig up. There is no licence code, so anyone with a ~2 year old or newer machine will have it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I appreciate that...

btw, several times today the control said that I needed to restart MAPPS to activate my changes, how is that done? All I knew to do was shutdown the machine and restart it. I also was wondering if the PC could be rebooted and/or accessed?

-making chips since '78
    -C, Pascal, Assembler, G-Code, Post Processor

Downloads
    Uploads

Your restarting correctly. The older ones needed the restart after network setting changes.