Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build

Quote Originally Posted by SteppenRzr View Post
    Quick update. I have finished most of the wiring and was able to successfully test all 3 axis. I still have to wire the emergency stop and the axis limit switches. Whenever I get that done I should be able to post a test video! Here are some pictures of the wiring setup.

Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build-img_4360-jpg

I had to wire the main power supply on the far side of the machine and run the power wires along the back.

Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build-img_4365-jpg

I was able to 3D print some cable management brackets so that was fun.

Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build-img_4381-jpg

I tried to wire everything so nothing touched the heat sinks but it was a tight fit. I guess I will just have to wait and see how hot they get and figure out a different placement if the wires are in danger of getting melted.

Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build-img_4382-jpg

I 3D printed these rectangular mounting brackets for the breakout board and the ESS that worked out really well. Hopefully my next post will be a 3 axis movement test!
    Looks good. Can’t wait to see another one of these machines in action. Make sure to video all your first dozen CAM jobs because we’re sure to see some tool crashes! Lol. The learning curve is fun.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have certainly broke my fair share of endmills on my schools Haas cnc... fun is not how I would describe that feeling when you see that end mill snap off on your workpiece more like terrifying :0

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone put a lower limit switch on their momus z-axis? I have a nice spot for the z-axis upper switch, the switch that limits how high the stepper motor can raise the router, but I am having a hard time finding a good way to install the lower switch. I feel like a lower switch would be useful, right now there is nothing keeping the stepper motor from turning the z axis mount completely off the lead screw, except good code. I know I can do a soft limit in Mach3 but I was just wondering what other peoples solutions looked like.

Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build-img_4532-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build-img_4532-jpg   Steppen's Momus v2.1 Build-img_4532-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I did not put one. The lower limit depends on your stock height and the tool length. Changes each time. Just do your due diligence and zero out your z axis as soon as you load a new bit or part into the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am interested in if anyone has installed 2 physical limit switches for the momus Z axis. If so, I am very curious to where are they physically placed! If you did not install two switches, that's great! I know there a lot of different solutions to this problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12