CNC improvements - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CNC improvements

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC improvements

Quote Originally Posted by pikolo View Post
    yes i will have to spend 130 euros more for a power supply stepper and driver but i will have more work if i choose the timing belt option and i dont know which way will be better in the end...i dont want to have to square the gantry or destroy parts :P
    The 2 will keep the gantry from racking and keep the system happy and 'slaving' the 2 drives is all controlled within the Mach3 software.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC improvements-img_1079-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I see but what happens if a stepper misses a step...? itruely dont know which is the better option in the end?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I see but what happens if a stepper misses a step...? itruely dont know which is the better option in the end?
    If the gantry remains free missed steps shouldn't be a problem. I have never encountered this problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

so the gantry going out of tune isnt a problem you say,,,i really am great full for your help i will have to think alot about it !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

so the gantry going out of tune isnt a problem you say,,,i really am great full for your help i will have to think alot about it !
    I know the decision process at the beginning of a project can sometimes be overwhelming, however at the end of the day the decision is yours as to the construction method.

You simply have to consider the information that is available, make an executive decision and move forward.

Downloads
    Uploads

So i have made a choice to buy one more motor .....the timing belt choise is much much more time consuming to built....so now the facts are that
    1)i will use slave motor with one more driver and also one more power supply
    2)the gantry is going to run with two ballscrews one one axis
    3)the motors are going to be connected with the ballscrews with timing belts?(on this one i need some advice please) or i should make some oldham couplers ( not the easiest thing in the world and not available in my country or on ebay)
    So i am thinking also not to put the second bearings on the left side of the gantry cause i think it doesnt need it ? please tell me your opinions on that too ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So i have made a choice to buy one more motor .....the timing belt choise is much much more time consuming to built....so now the facts are that
    1)i will use slave motor with one more driver and also one more power supply
    2)the gantry is going to run with two ballscrews one one axis
    3)the motors are going to be connected with the ballscrews with timing belts?(on this one i need some advice please) or i should make some oldham couplers ( not the easiest thing in the world and not available in my country or on ebay)
    So i am thinking also not to put the second bearings on the left side of the gantry cause i think it doesnt need it ? please tell me your opinions on that too ?
    Personally, I do not see a reason to use a timing belt drive assembly on your motors unless you are worried about the available torque. Direct drive your screws and simplify the setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

i have some reasons...first i want to keep the containing box..(but on the other hand i can modified it layter on) i am afraid of the misalignment on the motor with the leadscrew that will cause the motor to wobble. Another plus to this setup is that you can layter change the analogy with the timing pulleys...or then i should make some oldham couplers but not the easiest thing to do...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123