Need Help! Mitsubishi Lathe Meldas 325LG-V Bus Error and Blank Screen

Thread: Mitsubishi Lathe Meldas 325LG-V Bus Error and Blank Screen

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mitsubishi Lathe Meldas 325LG-V Bus Error and Blank Screen

Anyone have any experience with this control that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. This Lathe MHI M-TC10B was running just fine and in the middle of machining parts when it stopped and had "Bus Error" on the screen. None of the buttons on the control would work so I powered it down and back up. Once powered back up I only get a blank screen. I contacted MEAU and feel like I got the guy that hated his job and didn't want to talk to me. Only thing he wanted me to do was send the MC-161 board in for repair, but he could not tell me if that was the problem.

Can anyone tell me what lights should be lit on this board and what the lights are for ?

Does anyone have the reinitialization procedure for the Meldas 325lG-V control ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brian
    outlaw6700@msn.com

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mitsubishi Lathe Meldas 325LG-V Bus Error and Blank Screen

OK I figured out the reinitialization procedure for the Meldas 325lG-V control and now have a screen back. Problem is it reads both in English and Japanese. Anyone know how to change it to English on this control ?

Also the procedure to load the parameters back in to it ?

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have a 161 board, then that is also found in the M3 control (I haven't really figured out Mitsubishi's naming convention). You can certainly get documentation on the MEAU site for that control but, fortunately, I have one in my mill.

Assuming the process is the same, reloading the parameters isn't especially difficult. If you have a backup, you setup the serial configurations and then upload them. Voila. If you don't, but you have a listing of the values, then you can go two different ways. Either you manually insert them one by one, ugh... Or you make a download and then modify the text file and do an upload of the modified version, followed by a thorough validation. You will also need to add any canned macros (such as tool change) if they are required. Hopefully you have all this stuff backed up.

As for the English selection. That is a good question. I don't explicitly recall seeing that in the M3 documentation, but I also wasn't looking for it. I would not be at all surprised if there was a selection someplace. If I get a chance, I'll try to do a quick search.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talked to MEAU multiple times on the English/Japanese issue and now they say to reload the parameters and that should fix it. Anyone familiar with how to manually load the parameters? They could not help me with that. I do have what I believe is a hard copy of them. Just do not know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah! You are in luck there!

I am trying to build up knowledge in the controls and such. I've even managed to fix a few of the Sxx amps now (background is in Electrical Engineering, so it is kind of a fun challenge to get into the designer's heads). Anyhow, serial is a pain, IMHO, but that is what you realistically need to upload the parameters. And, of course, the thoroughly horrible Mitsu manuals seem to have a disconnect between reality and the documentation. In the end, I decided to write a 'how to' sheet that walks you through, step by step, the upload/download of parameters and such. However, this is for an M3/L3 type control. The good news, though, is that the 300 series is, I believe, the same as an M3/L3. Further, even the later controls seem to have a very similar interface. My strong guess is that you should be able to make sense of it pretty quickly. But this is also a good learning metric for me. If you are willing to give me feedback as to whether the process worked or not, and what you needed to do (if anything) to make it work properly, then I'm happy to send along the information.

Send me a personal message with your email address and I'll get it off to you.

However, here is a big caveat.... I think Mitsubishi is full of whoey! There is nothing special about a parameter upload in that you don't get "extra abilities" when doing this (spoiler alert: this isn't totally true because a parameter upload will also configure the system params, for which you need a 'secret' password). All of the parameters are available through the screens. So, if you identify the language selection parameter, then you can just change it manually without the upload. That said, I have to question *why* the language changed. In my mind, the most likely scenario is that you had a memory corruption event or the battery failed (which would be a memory corruption event all on its own!). If that is the case, then you should do an upload and check your canned procedures carefully, etc.

Alan

Downloads
    Uploads

I found the language parameter. It is described on page V-17 of the programming manual. Parameter 19 of the Base Specifications Parameter's second screen *Basic 2" is where language is defined. 0 is Japanese and 1 is English.

Dear Sir.
    Can you send this procedure to me with your generosity?

Thanks and Best Regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is an incredible broad request.... I have no idea what you are really looking for.... If you want manuals, then these are free on the Mitsubishi website or can be downloaded elsewhere. The information contained within them will help you diagnose and repair your system or, at the very least, give you information for the future. In my last post, I also detailed exactly where in the manual you can find the language selection, so I'm really not sure what you are asking for. I'm not trying to be difficult, and it is great that you are asking for assistance. But without giving specifics, you are not likely going to get anywhere.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Alan, this is a pretty crusty thread but wondering if you still around and if so could share your clarified parameter upload procedure. Im looking at a Mitsubishi MT8 and just prepping for possible reload after shipping.

-Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

>>> ITS DEAD JIM <<<
    I have this new to me Mitsu TC8B with a 325LG-V powered up less than 24 hours and it DIED!

I was making my first backup and reading over the procedure when the control did
    an ESTOP. Screen had some weird characters and no keys worked so I power cycled
    it and it came back but with parameter problems. While working on that it died
    again and this time screen remained blank and no green lights on the 161-1 cpu.

Ive tried sw 1-3 power on (get two green steady 161 lights) then power cycle and
    flip 1-3-5 power cycle. all off and power cycle but in no case do the green cpu161
    cards go green as they had.

Before the blank screen I took a picture of the alarms:
    Z54 FIX_P
    Z54 DIO 5V DOWN 0003 <<<<<<<<<<<< Is this slot 4 the 724-1 video?
    Z70 ABS ERROR 0001 XZ
    Y02 SYSTEM ALARM 0060 79F6 <<<<< That looks pretty scary

It appears someone has unloaded their problem child onto me.

Where do I go from here.

-Tom P.

Downloads
    Uploads

Based on the Z54 DIO 5V DOWN 0003 I swapped out the 724-1 graphic card and now have a blue screen.
    Tried the 1-3 1-3-5 reset but no green lights on MC 161. For grins pulled out the two MC301 cards
    and did the 1-3 reset and the MC161 booted. no controls but has screen with some japanese and english
    mixed.

Power cycled and MC161 failed to boot again. Im thinking the MC161 has a problem but welcome suggestions.
    Maybe Im not doing the reset/reload correctly for the 325LG system

Downloads
    Uploads

Just an update for any poor soul in the future.
    The mc161 card was in fact faulty.
    I found a matching card number and transferred over the match chip and the eprom (JIC).

Now for complete option and parameter reload.