Meldas 500 Turning off 4 axis

Thread: Meldas 500 Turning off 4 axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meldas 500 Turning off 4 axis

Hello everyone,

I have some problem with 4 axis. I have S03 Servo Alarm: Nr 0046 A. This is overheating alarm. For now I don't need 4 axis and I want to turn off it in parameters but I don't want how to do it. Can somebody help me how to do it?

Pawel

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meldas 500 Turning off 4 axis

So, you might be kind of screwed here, I'm sorry to say.... Mitsubishi, at least in the M3 series, considers axis definition to be an enhanced feature. As best as I can tell, this means that they want to charge money for it. I say this because I wanted to do the *opposite* as you, add a 4th axis to my system. I have instructions on how to setup the parameters, but it was lacking the keystrokes to get into the screen. When I asked Mitsubishi for help, they were a bit on the cagey side. They said I would have to pay for one of their service reps to come out and they'd enable the feature for me.... I'm a hobbyist, so if something break, your's truly has to figure out how to fix it... I can't afford to have a rep come out. I am not dis'ing them or anything else. I get how business works, and I get that I have a commercial machine so I shouldn't expect service for free.... I DON'T... But that doesn't mean I can afford it either. It is cold hard math, and in the end, if I have problems then I am better off biting the bullet and just converting to LinuxCNC where I can always service something.

The best you can do is scour the web for information on how to access the "System Parameters" of the control (as opposed to the 'User' or 'Machine' parameters... those are generally defined in the manuals).