How to zero return / home axis meldas 500

Thread: How to zero return / home axis meldas 500

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to zero return / home axis meldas 500

Hi, I am all new to cnc machining, but I am trying hard to learn. I have bought a dyna myte 4400M milling machine, with a meldas 500 control. I have figured out how to move the axis with the habdle and how to program with the MDI edit. However i get a P430 AXIS NOT RET error, which seems to be because the machine has not been homed after restart. How do I do this? The control panel has a mode switch which can be set to "zero return", but I have no idea what to do after turning this switch and I cannot find any explanation in the manual. I also have 2 flip switches saying T.L.M and PLAYBACK, can anyone explain what these do?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to zero return / home axis meldas 500-47ec3d9b-8bcd-4bd4-a547-23fcf1d13489-jpg   How to zero return / home axis meldas 500-8ff33640-132a-437c-b596-1605a33998d2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to zero return / home axis meldas 500

Try setting "Zero Return" mode than Push and hold any XYZ or 4th button, until the Light goes ON...might be the "+" or "-" button...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to zero return / home axis meldas 500

Quote Originally Posted by diaowee View Post
    Hi, I am all new to cnc machining, but I am trying hard to learn. I have bought a dyna myte 4400M milling machine, with a meldas 500 control. I have figured out how to move the axis with the habdle and how to program with the MDI edit. However i get a P430 AXIS NOT RET error, which seems to be because the machine has not been homed after restart. How do I do this? The control panel has a mode switch which can be set to "zero return", but I have no idea what to do after turning this switch and I cannot find any explanation in the manual. I also have 2 flip switches saying T.L.M and PLAYBACK, can anyone explain what these do?
    The machine seems quite old, it is better to have a user manual to learn first before operating it, in case something wrong happen.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    Try setting "Zero Return" mode than Push and hold any XYZ or 4th button, until the Light goes ON...might be the "+" or "-" button...
    This worked perfectly! Thank you!

Any ideas on how to use the T.L.M mode? I guess it has something to do with tool length measurement? And the playback-switch?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    The machine seems quite old, it is better to have a user manual to learn first before operating it, in case something wrong happen.
    Hi, I have the user manual, its 700pages and not very well written, so its hard to understand much from it. Just a easy thing like homing the axis was impossible for me to understand from the manual.