well i got my lathe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: well i got my lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default well i got my lathe

just to show off a bit i got my new lathe from garant wich will make a great addition to my mill i got from them here is a picture of the two
    (pardon the mess i am not finish unpacking

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails well i got my lathe-img_0059-jpg  
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

AWSOME!
    Whats the between centers on the lathe?
    X,Y,Z Travel?

Downloads
    Uploads

the lathe is 9x20

The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Downloads
    Uploads

congrats on getting you nice new lathe............

but i would pay some close attention to that bench of yours.
    don't think it could take much more.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by blighty View Post
    but i would pay some close attention to that bench of yours.
    don't think it could take much more.
    you think so no actualy that old thing is made out of three 3x3 that where salvaged from old wall but it temporary i intend on making some seperate bench for them in the next week

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

very nice. what make lathe and mill ?

Downloads
    Uploads

they are sold here in quebec under the brand Elite but they are made by weiss in china busybee is also suppose to start selling the mill under its brand Craftex but they dont have the lathe
    www.weiss.com.cn on there site its the wm240 but weirdly i just took a look and the spec of mine is in between the wm240 and the wm250
    i decided to go with this lathe for one thing its belt driven and it as a dc motor with variable speed from 50 to 2500 wich is good since i intend on cncing it eventualy

edit as for the mill, i bought the wmd20v and then bought the L table wich gives me now ~18" in x travel

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Who is the dealer?

Who is the dealer? I am from Quebec City although I am in the US presently. I have been looking for a lathe while I was in Quebec and could not really find a place to see one. The only thing I had found was a catalog from King Canada from which I could order through some construction material dealer.

Were you able to see the lathe or the mill in a store (where?) or did you order?

Good luck with machines they look great. They must have set you back a bit.

Jacques in NC

Jacques Rioux

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default lathe

do you have a web site for the lathe and the cost?

I am in edmonton and I can not find a lathe anywere I am not looking for a 10k lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jariou View Post
    Who is the dealer? I am from Quebec City although I am in the US presently. I have been looking for a lathe while I was in Quebec and could not really find a place to see one. The only thing I had found was a catalog from King Canada from which I could order through some construction material dealer.

Were you able to see the lathe or the mill in a store (where?) or did you order?

Good luck with machines they look great. They must have set you back a bit.

Jacques in NC
    its Garant machinerie in Levis

Quote Originally Posted by cncwanabe2 View Post
    do you have a web site for the lathe and the cost?

I am in edmonton and I can not find a lathe anywere I am not looking for a 10k lathe
    it cost me 1762$ with shipping and taxes to get it in montreal
    http://www.garantmachinerie.com/Indu...%20WSL920V.pdf

the list of accessory is incomplete there are more accesory then what they say in the pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice freaking Lathe, I need one

-Speed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been lurking for a while finding out about the Weiss WMD20LV. Recently bought one from Amadeal in the UK and got a bit more than I bargained for, so I thought I'd pass on the info for anyone else interested. What I actually got was a WMD25LV, of which there is no mention on the Weiss website. The main differences between it and the WMD20LV are that the spindle is now MT3 rather than MT2, and the T-slots on the table are 12mm rather than 10mm. There may be other differences but I haven't found them yet. I have a Seig X1 mill and C3 lathe, both of which I'm very pleased with, but the build quality of the Weiss machine is noticeably higher and the overall finish is much better. This may not be the right place for this post ( sorry newb ) but I'm sure ataxy will move it on if not.

Downloads
    Uploads

no actualy its allright that you post it, but i sent a message to JRouche to move this thread to the mini lathe section as this as nothing to do with benchtop mill so the error is mine
    regarding the lathe you got mine also is not like any they describe on the weiss website, the one that look the most like mine seem to be the wm250-v or the wm250 wich would be i guess the same with you i also agree with you this is my second weiss machine and i am quite amazed by the quality of there built

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't really understand why Weiss machines aren't more widely available worldwide given their high quality and reasonable prices. There are at least three retailers who sell them in the UK, but I think this is unusual. The WMD25LV mill also has a captive drawbar which I don't think the earlier models did. I know that not everyone likes captive drawbars but being able to screw, rather than bash, toolholders out of the quill taper certainly appeals to me. On a different note both Weiss and Optimum seem to make almost identical ranges of small lathes and mills in China. The only difference that I can see between the Optimum BF20L and the Weiss WMD25LV is that the former appears to have scraped rather than ground ways/dovetails. Is this actually the case? If so does this also apply to the Optimum lathes as well as the mills?

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice machines, congratulations! Definitely appear to be a nicely finished line of stuff.

Halfnutz

Downloads
    Uploads

they are i definitly think that more thinking went in those machine then the seig, not to say that the seig arnt able to do the job just think that the weiss machine have a bit more attention to detail and material disposition

Downloads
    Uploads

Was that price in US dollars?

Make sure you clean my wrench before you put it back into my toolbox.

Downloads
    Uploads

no that canadian dollar but at the moment it would be the same, thats what sucks company have not adjusted there price here in canada they just suck the customer and profit from the parity of the US/Can dollar

Downloads
    Uploads

oh well i have to send back the lathe i had problem with the main screw but garant are exchanging it and since they have to send all of there 9x20 back there sending me the model over it 11x26 so i guess i can rejoyce myself

here is the lathe i am getting instead
    http://www.garantmachinery.com/Indus...20WSL1126V.pdf

as for the scary bench of mine its getting redonne as the new lathe i am getting is 460 pound so here is a snapshot of the unfinnished new bench

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails well i got my lathe-img_0067-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

ok got my replacement lathe... WOW what a difference this lathe is way more professional the the 9x20 in all aspect but damn it was hard to bring it downstair, only problem now my mill seems so tiny aside it

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails well i got my lathe-img_0072-jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast